Import CSV for timestamp element

I searched the forums... I am looking to import from a csv list that has a timestamp element but not sure what format I can use to have the import script recognize it as a timestamp. When I tried to match how the timestamp element is displayed in the list it ignores that value and placed the timestamp of when it was imported.

Last edited:
What is your setting of the (j)date element's "CSV Import Format" versus what's in the CSV file? (See element config -> tab "Date Formats", and see tooltip for more info.)

EDIT:
Uh, just reading your post again, I notice you're saying "timestamp element". Oh well, guess that doesn't have that same setting. One more reason why I always use jdate, lol...

Last edited:
The timestamp is directly handled in the database.
When I tried to match how the timestamp element is displayed in the list
Are you using the "Import" for list creation? Try to import as date_time and change the element to timestamp after the import (I didn't test).

There was no data there, but I found that changing the timestamp element to the Date element and using an Excel Spreadsheet with the one date column having the same "m-d-Y H:i a" in the cell format worked well. In the csv from Excel, the date also matched the list and Form formats ("m-d-Y H:i a") of the date element. I used MySQL, Local TZ for the CSV Import Format. The list import worked nicely. I Will change it back to timestamp next to see what will happen.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back