• Payment Plugins Poll

We need your feedback on the need for updated payment plugins. Please go here and give us your feedback.

• Joomla 5.1

For running J!5.1 you must install Fabrik 4.1
    See also Announcements

• Subscription and download (Fabrik 4.1 for J!4.2+ and J!5.1) are working now

See Announcement
    Please post subscription questions and issues here

We have resolved the issue with the J! updater and this will be fixed in the next release.

How to: Add/Edit row in list view

aijosh

Hello,

I am trying to implement this with not much luck.

LISTC (Posts [listA] with a join to Comment[listB])======
Code:
LIST A                                                                 LISTB
id,user, post                                                        id, postid,user,comment
1,ben,hello                                                           5,1,wallace,something
                                                                                6,1,james,another thing
                                                                                7,1,bond,why
2,shapiro,come over                                           12,2,brown,ok
                                                                                8,2,james,thanks
                                                                                9,2,wallace,bye

In this list view I want
.1 Comments to be able to be added right here in the list view
.2 the owners of comments to be able to edit or/and delete their comments.

How do I achieve this?
The two methods I could think of were/would not work.

Method 1;
Edit ListC list view template and add FormB and DetailB into each row (Form for posting and detail for viewing). This was going to work till I found out the ListView is a form on its own so the FormB I inserted into the row was nested into FormC and did not work.
So to test, I changed the <form.. in the ListView template to <div... and FormB started working...… well only the first occurrence of the form. The remaining forms in row 2 and below did not work. I'm guessing cos they all have the same formid.

Method 2;
Use Inline Edit List Plugin:
Well, the warning is clear in the wiki not to use this on joined tables so :-(

Is there a way to make this work?

Thanks

Members online

No members online now.
Back