Helix 3 Framework has issues with radio button element (seems to affect yes/no and ratings elements)

beatty_t

I have created a survey that site visitors complete. I had originally wanted for several yes/no elements to hide/show other elements, but found that neither on click or on change events worked. After researching on the forum I found a work-around under this post https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.p...oblem-after-upgrade-to-3-9.50034/#post-262122
However, it was discovered that the suggested edit to the js for the radio button element caused my yes/no event to fire twice. This wasn't an issue for me, but while I was testing, I noticed some bizarre behavior with the ratings element. I believe it is specific to the Helix 3 framework. Some of the ratings will let you select a star and update the selected value, but others don't. Sometimes, I can select a star in one of the ratings (say 4), but then when I try to click 1 or 2, it will change to 3 regardless of which I pick. I have updated all of my questions in the survey to be radio elements that display as a string of buttons (so there isn't a rush to look into this), but for anyone searching for an answer to a similar issue with the ratings element (I know Helix 3 is a popular framework for templates), this might be helpful to know.

Last edited:
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back