Greetings to all and sundry (Intro/explanation)

Tigratrus

Just getting started and wanted to say hi and provide a bit of background, as I/we will likely be posting here semi-frequently ;).

I'm James, and my wife Susan and I run a rapidly growing site for Fans of IKEA (called, cleverly enough, IKEAFANS). We are THE site for all things IKEA related, and if you're doing a kitchen remodel in particular we are *THE* place to go... I'm not kidding. Anyway, we've streched vBulletin Reallllly far to make it handle our whole site, and tried to use J! before but the bridge was flaky and had pathetic support, so we dropped it. With 1.5 here and modules coming out, there are better options so we're going to give it another try.

I'm an ex-quasi developer/webmaster (Delphi, Powerbuilder, various web dev tools, Remedy ARS) JOAT technoweenie type and I now handle DB and light weight code repurposing/teaking. I sorta-kinda know what I want to do most of the time and generally can hack things together to accomplish a goal, but I'm more of a copy/paste hack than a coder. Susan is the Designer and Graphics arts trained half of the team.

We know Hugh (greetings, oh waffle-ish one!) from another site so he's used to our odd posting style, but for others that might think I have some sort of plural impairment or royalty fetish, I should explain that both Susan and I post on forums, but she usually shares my account. Most of the time when I'm posting it's about something that we've talked about, so I almost always say "we". To try and clarify which of us is to blame for a particularly ignorance revealing question, we tend to use the name of the person posting as the first in the signature. So: James and Susan -> Me Susan and James -> her.

Anyway, probably WAY TMI for here, but you never know... Looking forward to seeing what Fabrik can do, now that I've dumped out old J! install and have a fresh copy of 1.0.13 loaded and running.

James and Susan

Hi And welcome James & Susan

You knew Hugh previously and you still want to join this forum :| - I am lost for words :D

Let us know if you have any specific fabrik question :)

Cheers
Rob

Heh...

Well... He's a bit "cheesy" at times, but he means well ;). 'Sides, he wrote the encheferizer for vB and our site is all about IKEA! Meataballsa! Bork Bork Bork!

Let us know if you have any specific fabrik question
Careful what you ask for! ;D

James and Susan

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back