Google Maps - lat, long for each record

mariluzrm

Hello.
I've added a Google Maps item to a list. For each record there are latitude and longitude coordinates (different for each record). How can you show the location map of each record in the record display form?
Thanks.

What do you mean with "I've added a Google Maps item to a list"?

If you add a googlemaps element to your form it will show a map with marker in your form and details view.

Yes, I have added a googlemaps element, and I can see the map, but I need the map shows the latitude and longitude coordinates of the lat and long field of the database record

If you have existing records you must copy your lat/long fields to the googlemaps element with the format
(your-lat,your-long):zoom-factor

Is it a one time task? I.e. you have existing records but in future you are only using Fabrik to add/modify the records?
Then you can do it once directly on the database with something like phpMyAdmin (backup before).

Or is this table modified by some other component/program using the lat and long columns?
Then you must synchronize.

I have the tables Table1 and Table2, and they are related by field id. The list (and form) shows fields of the two tables. And I have a table called Table3 (it is related also by field id) than contains the fields Lat and Long. I need show in form the coordinates Lat, Long of each record.

Sorry for my english...

The map element requires a single field with lat and lon in it.

If this is a one time thing, where you are importing data with separate lat and lon fields, you can run the 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin - install it and add a scheduled task, then read the tooltips for 'Geocode when' and 'Geocode how' under Options, which explain how to convert separate lat/lon fields into a single map element field.

-- hugh

Thank you.
I've read that the 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin will only run if the Fabrik Cron System Plug-in is installed. What is Fabrik Cron? Where can I obten it and how can I install it?
In the other hand, do you know if googlemaps element understand UTM coordinates or only latitude and longitude?
Thank you so much for everything. You are helping me a lot.

The System - Fabrik Scheduled Tasks plugin should be already installed but must be enabled (Extensions/Plugins).

Googlemaps element must be (lat,long):zoom

But I must add a new field in the table and I must fill in it the value (lat,long):zoom with 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin?

Is it like this or I have not understood it correctly?

Thanks

But I must add a new field in the table and I must fill in it the value (lat,long):zoom with 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin?
Correct (I thought you already added a googlemaps element to your list?)

Yes, I added it, but I didn't add a new field in database. Tomorrow I will examine it. Is the new field automatically inserted in the table I used to make the list? I inserted a google maps element but not a new field.
Thanks

Creating the Fabrik googlemap element will have created a field in the table, with the name you gave the element.

-- hugh

It's true, I found de field!! Thanks
But now I can´t find the 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin to install it? Where is it?
In other hand, is it possible to show a Google Maps asociated to a list with all markers of the list? That is, many markers on a map.

Thanks

Seems the link in the WIKI was incorrect, thanks for reporting, it's corrected now.

But the correct one is easy to find if you are going to fabrikar.com "Download Fabrik"

Thanks. I have download and installed it.
Sorry. I'm new with Joomla and Fabrik... (and English... ;-) ) How can I add a scheduled task to insert the coordinates using 'Geocode' scheduled task plugin? Please, can you help me telling the steps?
Thanks

Backup your table, just in case...

Go to Components/Fabrik/Schedule, "New"
Select your list and the "geocode" plugin, fill required fields,
select the elements, in "Options" tab set Geocode from = "Lat/Lon to Map"
Save (For manually running you don't need to enable or set Run params)

Then check your scheduled task and click "Run".

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Staff online

Members online

Back