Glitch with F3.4 Default Element Type

jarea

UPDATE: This appears to be a wild goose chase based on a corrupt system. You can safely ignore this thread. - jarea

I notice now when I create a new List that there is a new screen asking for Select Content Type which is pretty much non-functional at this point as the dropdown box offers only "Contact Us" and "Default" as choices. I don't know if this is related to the glitch that I have seen or not.

Now on to the glitch:

When creating a new element "field" is selected as the plug-in but the dropdown box is not highlighted in red. If I try to save the element in this state (ie. without changing the plug-in), the element does not show up in the element list or in the database table (I tried filter Status All and did not see the elements). However, if I try to create the same element again, upon saving I get the error message that the element already exists. So it appears to have been written to some internal Fabrik table but nowhere else.

The workaround:

If I click on the plug-in dropdown and select any other item, the box is highlighted in red. Now when I select "field" and save, the element is correctly saved.

Still does not resolve the mystery element issue, those elements are still lurking around somewhere. I wonder where the mystery elements (that exist but are not in the element list or the MySQL table) can be found and removed?

Update: the workaround is NOT performing any differently. Nothing is getting saved but the new elements exist in Fabrik's mind. I suspect I may have a corrupted Fabrik or J! system. Will try to refresh system files and report back.

Thanks -

jarea

Last edited:
content type: just use default, this will create the standard id and date-time elements.
element creating issues: try to clear Joomla and browser cache

gesendet mit Tapatalk

I can't replicate this and haven't seen any other reports of it. As it's a pretty fundamental operation, I'm sure we would have seen multiple reports of this if it was a systemic issue. So it sounds like it's an issue local to your site.

I would suggest doing another full github update, making sure you upload everything (in "always overwrite" mode), and as @troester says, clear all your caches to make sure you have the latest and greatest JS files.

-- hugh

I can't replicate this and haven't seen any other reports of it. As it's a pretty fundamental operation, I'm sure we would have seen multiple reports of this if it was a systemic issue. So it sounds like it's an issue local to your site.

I would suggest doing another full github update, making sure you upload everything (in "always overwrite" mode), and as @troester says, clear all your caches to make sure you have the latest and greatest JS files.

-- hugh

Did a backup restore to an earlier version for the full J! directory then updated all to Fabrik 3.4.1

Seems to be working properly now.

Thanks - jarea

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back