Form tags make element-info not indexable by Google

koolaid2

I think it's a big issue having form tags around all the elements in the form details view.

The major reason for this is that Google dos not index text inside form or fieldset tags.

The solution to this is pretty simple, make an default_view form template and move the form tags so it only wrap around the buttons and hidden fields in the bottom. (Or progam this into the default form tempalte)

But this is also an issue regarding the list view, and here the solution so not so simple.

You can just move the form tag so it's around the Navigation or sorting, but you will have to move the sorting or navigation if you want or have both. And you are loosing functionality like using a list-plugin.

Everything using the checkboxes will obviously not work.

The only way to make a god solution for this is to have one form tag for each checkbox, one for the list sorting/head filtering and one for the navigation in the bottom.

I need to find a solution to this to come any futher in using Fabrik as an online catalog or smal webshop.

(or maybe this shuld have been an catalog -visualization plugin)

Any taughts on this???

My error, this it not the case for the form tag, only the fieldset tag :)

Only the fieldset tag has this property not the form tag.

Text inside fieldset are not indexed.

Can't find to mutch about this now but I'm shure about it for a long time.
It's often handy to not index text inside forms, just common words any way.

Try this search:
https://www.google.no/search?q=Vill...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

You shuld have been finding this:
http://www.handverkshus.no/moderne-trehus-othermenu-31/details/21/78

Do you have any references about fieldset and google searching?

I can't find anything saying that they don't index content in a fieldset. On the contrary, the only references I can find that talk about Google indexing and fieldsets say it has no effect.

-- hugh

No I don't find any refference on this, but I am verry shure.

But after 15 years of making websites I'm shure about this effekt.

Like my example, have have see this many times.

Yeah the search doesn't show the results, and doing similar searches on the fabrik site doesn't yeild results, its just soooo odd theres no documentation about this!
The same search in bing produces expected results.

I've altered the default form template so that fieldsets are replaced with div's when in the details view. (the legend is also replaced with a h3). If you could test that out and then see if it works for google indexing I'll update the other form templates

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back