Form access voodoo - restricted form with public add

Ekant

Hi!

I work on a database/list/form for workshop registration (front end).
The list view and existing entries should be visible only for the admin.
But adding an entry (which is a registration) should be possible for public users and registered users.

I built this - it works, adding is possible for public and also registered users.
But for the admin user not! The form loads, and after loading (where it is visible), it turns to hidden (it is there in the DOM but not visible). There is an empty div with class fabrikMainError in the form, but no message, just a close 'x' button.

The form uses ordinary fields, a user (for the user id/name of registered users) and a databasejoin (for the workshop id/name).
I tried every access option - in elements, in list... Where could be my mistake?

Ekant

As in your other thread:
Joomla/Fabrik version?
Browser?
Joomla template? (Fabrik needs a standard bootstrap template, test with e.g. protostar)

Joomla 3.2.3, Fabrik 3.1. Chrome (newest) on Linux/Windows.
isis on backend, an own template on frontend - but both with exatly the same behavior.
Do you think that this specific issue has a template cause? Everything else works with fabrik and my template.
I even had the situation in between that it did not hide, but changing something (adding a new element or changing the access details) turned it back to the hiding after loading - only for logged-in superuser.

Do you have some idea where I could look? Which script does any check and does the element hide? It sets visibility: hidden, display: none and opacity: 0 - also recursively on the fabrik elements.
The form (in progress) is reachable under ekant.de/ workshop-anmeldung - but this works.
For the issue, you have to login as admin :)

I can see a console output
Fabrik form::dispatchEvent: Cannot find element to add load event to: fab_anmeldung___confirmation
So do you have a "onLoad" script which isn't run for public users (because element is not accessible) but run for superadmins (and hiding the form)?

That's it - cool. Thank you very much.
What a complex tool... I actually wanted to play with an own script, but this is not possible as the editor is missing (see the other thread) - so I interfered with myself.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back