Force cascading dropdown update after hiding

zebrafilm

In my form I use a drop down. If none is selected, people go to the next screen, but if they select some value in the dropdown, a sub group becomes visible on the same form.
In the subgroep a couple of cascedingdropdowns displaying related choices to the first item.

The subgroup is switched to 'show' with javascript in the first dropdown (on change).

If the subgroup is visible it all works fine (Ajax update is switched on) but if the group just opens from hide to show, the cascadingdropdown are not loaded / refreshed. Is there a way to force this?

Which form? Can you give me a URL to the front end menu item for it, and instructions on what I need to do to show / hide the group with the CDD in it?

-- hugh

I have made a short screencast to show what is happening. Hugh got it by email but on his request I post it here too:

http://screencast.com/t/zlfMgG07illE

Short explanation of the Dutch language there:

People / Companies should create a quote by selecting there Brand (called Merk in Dutch), if they don't know (the default option) they go on to the next screen, but if they know the brandname and model, they select it from the drop down, choose the Brand/Merk and the details fold open.
Unfortunately the first time the details open, all dropdowns are empty. It seems the first time the subgroup gets visible, the ajax loading does not trigger. After I have selected another Brand/Merk it all loads fine.

OK, the problem is where we display the spinner when the CDD update kicks off when the element is hidden. Mootools is blowing up trying to get the offsetParent() of the DOM element for the CDD, which for some reason is null when the element is hidden. Not sure why, as it should still exist, but just have a display:none style property.

I'll need to put some defensive coding in where we create spinners, so we don't try and create/destroy them if their container is hidden.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back