Folder used to download the files

JBosir

Hi,
My project is almost done. Everything worked out finally. I?m especially grateful for the help you provided me with on the following items:
? Invoicing (thanks for the information provided; it really was useful).
? SMS and phone number validation (I did it by writing a php script since I use http://smspubli.com/).
? Video visualization.

The biggest problem appeared when dealing with the fileupload plugin. Let me tell you the main problems I got as well as the solutions that I came up with.

1. When I use the new function WIP on images, these images are displayed when they?re selected. The problem arised when a register was edited. If the delete button was pressed, then images weren?t displayed. My solution was to remove the delete button. Below you have the code:

plugins/fabrik_element/fileupload/fileupload.php, linea 2168
$render->output = '<span class="fabrikUploadDelete" id="' . $id . '_delete_span">' . $this->deleteButton($value) . $render->output . '</span>';
por:
$render->output = '<span class="fabrikUploadDelete" id="' . $id . '_delete_span">' . $render->output . '</span>';

When I use fileupload with a video, the exact same thing happens, function WIP be present or be not, although this is not really important.

2. On the element group, the problem is more serious. When new registers are added, the image is displayed in the first register (I showed you a video about it).
http://www.screencast.com/users/JBosir/folders/Default/media/f1fbac3d-bf0e-4f46-af7e-7669ae6ef11a
http://www.screencast.com/users/JBosir/folders/Default/media/d971b6e6-c5b7-44e8-9783-8b0a88663abe
It is imposible to leave this way. My solution was to remove the table associated with element group and put img1, img2, img3, img4 in the main table.

3. A very serious problem is found on the folder used to download the files. I want to save my images on different folders:
File upload folder: / uploads / campaigns /{campaignId}/
thumbnails: /uploads/campaigns/{campaignId}/min/

However, files are not downloaded to {campaignId}. If later those files are looked for, they won?t be found. My solution to this problem was to save all images on folder: / uploads / campaigns/

For this last problem, I?d beg you to give a solution; managing all images from one folder could be very complicated. For the other problems my solutions seem to work. As I already told you, if the web works out, we could think of doing some custom work in the future.

Thanks again and all the best,

Julio.

As I said when I implemented that code for you that you requested, using the HTML5 file API, it is very much "work in progress", and specifically probably wouldn't work in repeat groups yet, and would have issues when deleting an image, as that currently deletes the whole DOM element the code needs to insert the selected image in to, and will take some re-coding of how the delete feature works. That's all stuff I'll gradually fix.

Basically, when we implement a new feature like this specifically for "you" (i.e. a Pro user), and if it's more than an hour or so's work, we can't do it all in one go, under the cost of a single month's sub. It took me about 6 to 8 hours to get as far as I did ... which already puts me at around minimum wage on a single month's Pro sub, i.e. earning about what I would slinging burgers at McDonalds. So we have to either a) charge it as a custom job, at a standard hourly rate, or b) split the development up across multiple months worth of subs (how many obviously depends on how much work is involved).

So if you need any of this stuff "now", and it's going to take me more than an hour or so (which it probably would, to fix the repeat group and file deletion issues), you may want to consider requesting it as a custom development task, rather than just "support".

For point 3, can you be more specific about the setup. Is it a "simple" upload, or an AJAX upload? Where is {campaignId} coming from, doesn't look like a full element name placeholder?

Glad you've gotten your project going, though ... and I'm sure we can improve things as we resolve more of these issues.

-- hugh

It is a "simple" upload. CampaignId is the id of the record. Without the wip function works perfectly:

upload Directory: / uploads / campaigns / {campaignId}
the image is saved in sql well:
/uploads/campaigns/115/image.jpg

With the WIP function, when the record is new (add) not well positioned image:
/uploads/campaigns/image.jpg

But when you modify for the 2nd time, puts it well:
/uploads/campaigns/115/image.jpg

Now we will post the website and see if it succeeds. If in the near future the project is feasible, make the changes you ask for "custom job". (This would mean that I continue with the project).
Meanwhile, if you can change gradually smaller developments, I appreciate it (whenever short development time for you).

My priority is the point 3.The delete button (which now have no visible) would be interesting. Thank You.

I don't seem to be able to replicate the placeholder in filepath issue. See screencast.

http://screencast.com/t/WyJrzxtN7B4z

Are you literally using {campaignId}, with no tablename___ prefix? If it's an element, you should be using the full name.

What element type is campaignId?

I'm looking at the delete button issue now.

-- hugh

Hello. I show you the table.
with {table__campaignId} not work, but if it works with {table__userid}So it is worth me

The delete button is not important. The problem is that when updating fabrikar I have to modify the php file (delete the line).

With the video, is the same. On the form, when I change the video previous is displayed.

Attachments

• img1.jpg
    img1.jpg
    204.6 KB · Views: 154
  • img2.jpg
    img2.jpg
    277.3 KB · Views: 159
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back