fileupload ok but "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /documents......

leblancphil

Hello
I use a fileupload element for some users to be able to upload personal documents mostly PDF.
It works but file links in form and list dont permit acces to documents. error message : "Forbidden You don't have permission to access /documents......"I want only user to acces his documents and uper_user to acces all documents.
Thanks for your help

What kind of "file links in form and list"? Are you using the "Download script" option on the upload element? Or are those links just normal http URL's directly to the file?

The "Forbidden You don't have permission to access" message is almost certainly a 403 from the server itself, usually caused by an htaccess setting that prevents direct access to files. So I suspect you aren't using the download script option, and have an htaccess file which prevents access to your upload folder.

The only way to control download access is to use the "Download Script" option, which then creates scripted links to the files, that go through the upload plugin code (so they aren't direct links to the files themselves, and hence don't get prevented by htaccess), which can then apply ACL controls.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back