Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementDatabasejoin::_buildQueryWhere

verzevoul

I dont where this problem came from. But I believe after upgradings

Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementDatabasejoin::_buildQueryWhere() must be public (as in class plgFabrik_Element) in /home/webintel/public_html/plugins/fabrik_element/databasejoin/databasejoin.php on line 2754

----------- SCAN REPORT -----------
(/usr/sbin/cxs --www --smtp --options mMOLfSGchexdnwZDR --Wstart --filemax 0 --sizemax 500000 --summary --Wrateignore 300 --quarantine /home/quarantine --Wloglevel 0 --mail root --quiet --timemax 30 --qoptions Mv --doptions Mv --virusscan --Wsleep 3 --Wmaxchild 3 --throttle 3 --allusers --Wrefresh 7 --exploitscan)

cxswatch Scanning /home/webicrm/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php:
# Regular expression match = [decode regex: 1]:
'/home/webicrm/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php'

----------- SCAN SUMMARY -----------
Scanned directories: 0
Scanned files: 1
Ignored items: 0
Suspicious matches: 1
Viruses found: 0
Fingerprint matches: 0
Data scanned: 0.15 MB
Scan time/item: 0.118 sec
Scan Time: 0.118 sec

There's nothing wrong with the elements.php file in github, I just double checked, so if anything has happened to it, it's on your end. And judging by the error in your first post, there is something wrong with that elements.php file, as both instances of the _buildQueryWhere method referenced in the error message are 'protected', not 'public', in the current github code. So your elements.php is either out of date, or has been modified.

Suggest you grab the latest zipball again and re-upload, making sure you upload everything, in 'always overwrite' mode.

-- hugh

cxswatch Scanning /home/webicrm/public_html/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php:
I think these are false positives, although its virtually impossible to say, the report doesn't say what regex it uses or what code it matches :eek:
If you can find that out perhaps we can give a more detailed response

Cheers
Rob

Code:
Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementDatabasejoin::_buildQueryWhere() must be public (as in class plgFabrik_Element) in /home/content/r/a/m/ramman/html/TORAY/plugins/fabrik_element/databasejoin/databasejoin.php on line 2754

Got the same thing after using the update feature within Joomla Extension Update option within the backend of Joomla. I will update using Github next to see if it clears the problem...

Github update corrected fatal error

Did an update from Github master and it works now...
What is the purpose of the Update notification link with the xml file link in the Joomla Backend ... Under Extension Manager and Update tab?

fabrik Update Component 3.0.6.3 N/A Administrator http://fabrikar.com/update/fabrik/com_fabrik.xml

is what is showing... after I updated with Github that line showed up once again...

I clicked on the Updated link once again for a test...
then tried to add a new element... by clicking on New + button... Got this error once again!

Fatal error: Access level to plgFabrik_ElementDatabasejoin::_buildQueryWhere() must be public (as in class plgFabrik_Element) in /home/content/r/a/m/ramman/html/TORAY/plugins/fabrik_element/databasejoin/databasejoin.php on line 2758

Going to update from Github once again to see what happens...

Okay the update from Github fixed the fatal error once again...
I had purged the cache this time before the Github update...
Now when I check the update tab in the Extension Manager there are no updates listed for fabrik...

There are basically two "paths" for keeping Fabrik up to date.

One is to use the built in J! extension updater. This will use our published ZIP's, which we release / update once every couple of months. The ZIP's are basically just snapshots of the github code, at the point we create those ZIP's and update the published version numbers that the J! manager checks.

The other path is to update directly from github. Doing this enables you to access bug fixes and features we add to the code between ZIP releases.

If you are doing github updating, then you can pretty much ignore what the J! extension updater tells you.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back