Fabrik seems to have broken my site...

Boradan

Just installed Fabrik (latest release for 2.5 - 3.0.8).
When I installed it and activated the plugin, it wouldn't let me access anything in Fabrik - kept telling me to check I had the plugin activated.
I then cleared my cache (in the joomla backend) to see if that would fix it and now I cannot access either my front end or Joomla back end.
I did a restart of my VPS and STILL only get a white page when trying to access my site...

the site is symbiotic-ubiquityDOTcoDOTuk
(not allowed to post links)

Cant access the backend, but I removed all mentions of fabrik from the database and removed the components and modules using ftp.
Still broken :(

Strange.
To clean up: did you check #_extensions? (Backup before touching #_tables)

Which Joomla version are you running?
When I installed it and activated the plugin
How/what did you install?
Usually after installing the pgk_fabrik_3.0.8.zip (All in one installer package) there should be nothing to activate.
Maybe try to install this zip again.

Installed pgk_fabrik_3.0.8.zip - just downloaded from your site today.
yes, I cleaned up the _extensions.
Latest joomla - 2.5.11. (By that I mean latest joomla 2.5, not 3.0)
Also tried overwriting all the joomla files with the files from the latest download and still no help
TBH, I cant remember the name of the particular plugin that needed activated. When I went to 'manage plugins' and searched for 'fabrik' it was the top one, and the only fabrik plugin not activated after the install.
Cant install the zip again as I cant get into the joomla back end either...

The first plugin in the list is the content plugin which is not enabled after the installation. But you don't need it to run fabrik (as long as you don't want to use it) and it shouldn't hurt to enable it.
There must be something different going on with your installation or your server settings.
I'm getting only error 500 if trying to access you site.
Can't get any Joomla file (e.g. http://symbiotic-ubiquity.co.uk/images/joomla_black.gif) which normally can be displayed.

Yeah. Cant get that either. Even though the file is definitely THERE. I can see the joomla_black.gif when accessing over FTP.
error 500 for every file I try to access with a browser though.

Checked the DNS with intodns.com/symbiotic-ubiquity.co.uk
The nameserver records are correct and match those set up in my WHM configuration, so its not an issue with that.

Just tried 2 other sites hosted on my vps and they are working fine:
radonbarrier.ie
thegoalpost.ie

So maybe your server is redirecting to nirwana or some security settings are blocking any access.
This seems to have nothing to do with Joomla or Fabrik.
I asssume if you add a index.html with "Hello world" you won't get it displayed, too.

Just checked cpanel for the site.
No redirects.
Checked the VPS server firewall, and no recent blocked IPs - although they would be global preventing access to ALL the sites I have on the vps.
no blocked IPs at all in the sites own cpanel security
repaired the database, though this would not be preventing access to the hello world index.html file

blegh.
Its working now.
Seems the .htaccess file was modified.
Is this part of the normal installation of fabrik to modify this?

didnt think it would. Must have been pure coincidence then :(

Anothe r issue now:

reinstalled fabrik and I am still getting the same error I had before the 'whiteout':

400 - An error has occurred.

Please ensure you have installed and published the Fabrik system plugin

If I search for fabrik using the plugin manager, I get a total of 33 plugins with 'Fabrik' in the name... all are activated/published

quite a few...
Gantry, Kunena forum, Akeeba backup, JCE Editor, Kide chat, r-antispam, raidplanner, UddelIM Plus...

If you are running Kunena 3, we have a conflict with that, which can only be resolved by installing the latest Fabrik github, then following the instructions in the post Troester referred to.

-- hugh

I had this issue after updating from Github for 3.1b

The "Cannot redeclare class JForm..." error seems to be caused by the existence of these files...
administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/form.php
and
administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/formfield.php

After looking at the latest fabrik-joomla3.zip (Changed the name - again?) , it appears that these files are not used in Fabrik 3.1b (not sure about 3.08) and are probably left over from v.2.x. I deleted those 2 'outdated' files and the "Cannot redeclare class JForm" error went away. Prior to doing that I couldn't access the front or back end.

In v3.1b (and maybe 3.08?), the only file that should be in that folder is administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes/field.php

Either these old form.php and formfield.php files are never being checked for and removed from the administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes folder when Fabrik is updated to 3.1 - or I accidentally re-added them by installing a Github zip that was meant for an earlier version after I updated to the 3.1beta. (I've been complaining about how confusing it can be to get the correct zip file from the various Github links that are floating around out there for how many months now? - and this was why)

if you were using git then those files would be removed they're no longer listed @ https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/tree/joomla3/administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes
The files in the relevant 25, 30, 31 folders are used.

Its a crappy thing we do over-riding these core Joomla files, we've been trying very hard to get the Joomla project to accept a very small change to these files, the tracker issue is here:
http://joomlacode.org/gf/project/jo...temEdit&tracker_id=8549&tracker_item_id=30781

If anyone feels so inclined they can sign up on joomlaforge test the patch and add a comment as such.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back