Fabrik 4G3 - JUser Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweker

Good Day,
Hoping someone can help with some unusual and sparadic activity happening when using Fabric Forms / JUser. I have set-up all users with various levels of access (groups) within Joomla. However, after a couple of days, users are automatically added to the lowest level group above 'public' seemingly on their own. My customer has no rights to choose multiple groups for a user, and can only choose one. Therefore, I have no explanation for how or why users are being added to a secondary group unnecessarily.

I've played with numerous JUser settings without success. Any guidance or suggestions would be appreciated. Steve

Sporatic ... is difficult.

Automatically? Who is doing what?
My customer has no rights to choose multiple groups for a user, and can only choose one
What are your exact jUser setting (especially in Options)?
What are the access settings of your list?
Which group(s) does the customer belong to?
How can he choose a group (which element type)?
Editing his own record or the one of an other user?

Thank you for the response, yes, sporadic is painful and I can't find any connection to user activity and the changes. I can't even replicate the issue myself, it just appears to happen. Here's further guidance;
  • Only a select number of users have the ability to change group access for existing accounts. They are only permitted to assign level 1 (Recruit), level 2 (Member / Constable), level 3 (NCO / Leader), or level 4 (NCO+ / Admin) access. Public (Level 0) is not permitted and Level 5 (Super User) is only held by me. The problem occurs when existing users with Level 2, 3, or 4 are "somehow" assigned Level 1 (Recruit) in addition to their previously assigned Level.
  • The "group id" field within Fabrik is only allowed to be changed by Level 4 (and 5 (me)) and is a radio button, therefore only allowing one selection at a time. This is puzzling as the client therefore doesn't have the ability to multi-select. All front end additions are disabled.
  • The List, Form and JUser plugin have permissions set for only Level 4 (and 5 (me)) to add or edit. Everyone else is view only.
  • I have included screenshots of the front end location where groups can be changed and the backend options.
I have tried changing setting without much luck. Any help is appreciated, Steve

Attachments

• Fabrik1.jpg
    Fabrik1.jpg
    170.5 KB · Views: 63
  • Fabrik2.jpg
    Fabrik2.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 57
  • Fabrik3.jpg
    Fabrik3.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 59
  • Fabrik4.jpg
    Fabrik4.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 57
  • Fabrik5.jpg
    Fabrik5.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 53
Not sure about your setup.
You are linking directly to user_usergroup_map. This J! core table doesn't have an id column but a composed primary key which is not supported by Fabrik.
I think you can't add a valid (Fabrik) join to this table. One "leg" of a Fabrik join must be a primary key (single int column) so the only possibility would be to join from your-fabrik-table.id to user_usergroups_map.user_id.

Additionally you set the Fabrik usergroup field to user_usergroup_map. No idea what will happen in this case, Fabrik is storing the user group(s) (one or multiple) as text.

I would suggest not to touch user_usergroup_map but let Fabrik (and Joomla) handle this mapping.

Last edited:
I have solved the problem, and it had nothing to do with Fabrik (sorry!). The booking app I'm using had a plug-in running that would add users to a group when they signed-up for an event. <sigh> not sure why that was there..... but I think the problem is solved now.

Thanks, Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back