Fabrik 3.1 beta's new connections needs to be fixed

joezart

Joomla 3.0.3

I have installed fabrik 3.1 beta on my pc (localserver), updated everything usin Github

Have less than a minute using this version and I already found a problem

default connection (test connection working)

If you want to add a new connection

1. The ID* field is required
  2. This is an autoincremental int(6) field (fabrik_connections)
  3. When you create a new connection you get the following error: Field required: ID
  4. How can you add the ID to an autoincremental field?
  5. I think this must be hidden field
The only solution is to access the fabrik_connections table and add it manually, then go to the fabrik connections back end test the new connection and verify that it is actually working

Other thing that capture my attention is that all connection's info is saved in this table "as it's". wonder if someone using firebug or google crome with lots of computer knowledge would be able to get access and see this info and later produce an attack?

shouldn't be these info encrypted?

The ID* field is required
woops that shouldn't be required - the issue should now be fixed in github and you should be able to save connections.

Other thing that capture my attention is that all connection's info is saved in this table "as it's". wonder if someone using firebug or google crome with lots of computer knowledge would be able to get access and see this info and later produce an attack?
They would need to have your database user name and password, to get hold of this info - or perform an sql injection to get it I guess, so not something one could access via a browser console.

Its been on our todo list for a while, and your post gave me the impetus to implement it - the changes are now in github. You would need to edit and save the connection for the pw to become encrypted.

Thanks Rob

to update the connection plugin using Github is as regular?
1. go to joomla bakcend
2. extension manager
3. click on discover
4.. click on purge cache
5. click on discover tab
6. mark files
7. install

or is there other way?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online