F4 Delta

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep, it was a cross between Github update and the process I had to perform on one of my sites, so sorry for the confusion. I'm still catching up with all the changes :oops:
One site I had simply refused to work and I had to install the various zips one by one to get up and running. I haven't found the cause yet but I have a backup of that site before I upgraded, so I intend to look at it.
This process should work, despite being tedious. I would try an avoid FTP as the permissions can get messed up depending on how your web host has applied them.
JUST to clarify though. Are these latest issues on a new build? i.e a new Joomla & Fabrik installation?
Yes felixcat, the problems are on a fresh, clean domain using new J4 & F4

When you did the fresh install were you FTP'ing any files.

I'm trying to establish if the use of FTP is causing the issues. If you are able to do another clean install..... Upload the Joomla zip file via the file manager and use the file manager to extract it. Then point your browser to the domain and run the Joomla install. Once that is complete install extension via zip and point it to the Fabrik delta file. If any errors appear then stop at that stage and take screenshots and also have a look at the server logs.

Don't use FTP for anything. :)

You could probably do this on a subdomain with your host if you don't want to wipe any existing installations. As this is only really for testing.

So far, I've got J4 installed again on a clean domain - all fine - I've established that the Global Config problem was most likely due to using a FTP client and not Siteground's File Manager, it's working well now anyway.
Attempted a 'normal' install of F4, it failed with com_fabrik error coming up. Proceeded to unpack and upload the com_fabrik folder via SG's FM plus the pkg_fabrik.manifest.class.php and pkg_fabrik.xml files which didn't get in with the install. All other plugins, modules, etc seem to have installed via the 'normal' install method. Only half the com_fabik media files and folders had got through so I'm thinking, maybe, that's where the glitch is. I can't be sure every thing is in place in the depths of the folder labyrinth - what can I compare it with? And guess what; the Fabrik options page opens without access and then crashes. Where does the options data go, is there a file like Global Config, I can't see anything in the database ??

When you did the fresh install were you FTP'ing any files.

I'm trying to establish if the use of FTP is causing the issues. If you are able to do another clean install..... Upload the Joomla zip file via the file manager and use the file manager to extract it. Then point your browser to the domain and run the Joomla install. Once that is complete install extension via zip and point it to the Fabrik delta file. If any errors appear then stop at that stage and take screenshots and also have a look at the server logs.

Don't use FTP for anything. :)

You could probably do this on a subdomain with your host if you don't want to wipe any existing installations. As this is only really for testing.
I think our posts crossed. Yes, this latest effort has avoided FTP client and only used Siteground's File Manager when needed. The new site will, one day, replace the old but still live php 7.4 J3F3 site, so no worries on that score. Thanks.

That's okay, I think we are both on the same page now. The reason for the diagnosis is to establish where the issue is. Personally I think it's more likely to be with your host as they can restrict certain things and are probably not expecting such a huge file to be installed within Joomla. And if it's happening with your web host it could happen with others as well. There of course be a bug with the Fabrik package but I think we would see more issues.

What I'll do is create a fresh Joomla 4 installation and install Fabrik. I'll then zip up the file directory and take a dump of the database and send you a link. You can then upload this to your server and see if it works. You'll need to change joomla's configuration.php file and change the connection within Fabrik. If you need any help with that you can message me.

If it doesn't work we know it's an issue with your server. If it does work ..... well let's get to that stage first. :)

That's okay, I think we are both on the same page now. The reason for the diagnosis is to establish where the issue is. Personally I think it's more likely to be with your host as they can restrict certain things and are probably not expecting such a huge file to be installed within Joomla. And if it's happening with your web host it could happen with others as well. There of course be a bug with the Fabrik package but I think we would see more issues.
What I'll do is create a fresh Joomla 4 installation and install Fabrik. I'll then zip up the file directory and take a dump of the database and send you a link. You can then upload this to your server and see if it works. You'll need to change joomla's configuration.php file and change the connection within Fabrik. If you need any help with that you can message me.
If it doesn't work we know it's an issue with your server. If it does work ..... well let's get to that stage first. :)
I've uploaded and installed all as per and going to the site/administrator, I get a page: -
upload_2023-6-9_8-42-23.png

I'll need the user's password too, once I get to that page.

This all looks very strange, this is no normal Joomla superuser backend. Can you use an other server?

And yes, you need a superuser to access the backend with superuser privs.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G930F mit Tapatalk

Going back a step; the new 'install' created by running the zips out of the delta zip is working fine except for the fabrik options page - it would be good to know where that data lives, I've found the xml file page for that, but that only formats the page, where do the selected options get stored?

Last edited:
This all looks very strange, this is no normal Joomla superuser backend. Can you use an other server?

And yes, you need a superuser to access the backend with superuser privs.

I'll try it in WAMP

I'll try it in WAMP
I've arrived at proper looking site and admin login pages with it in WAMP, just waiting on the user name and pwd to test further.
I must say that Siteground has been a perfect host for nearly a decade and it's not their economy package either but fully blown dedicated server.
Weird!

BINGO!
Yep working online and in WAMP, which begs the question WT* is happening with the original, new install.
Thank you felixkat!
I'm thinking of copying the installation up a level to the main site of which yours is a sub directory.

Last edited:
BINGO!
Yep working online and in WAMP, which begs the question WT* is happening with the original, new install.
Thank you felixcat!
I'm thinking of copying the installation up a level to the main site of which yours is a sub directory.
Just a thought: I see this install is based on J4.3.1 not .2 - possible cause?

I'm pretty sure I tested Delta on an updated J!4.3.2 and on a new one without issues. But I'm not on my PC at the moment.

BINGO!
Thank you felixcat!

If everything is working then at least we know the issue is to do with the installation procedure rather than Fabrik itself. I still believe it's something with web webhost causing the issues but it's going to be hard to diagnose with being hands on.

Yes you can use that installation as a base for any future installations until we work out the cause of the others issues.

Just a thought: I see this install is based on J4.3.1 not .2 - possible cause?

I didn't notice, I have directory of zip files that I'm using for testing. I obviously didn't update the Joomla one. I will test now locally, (windows) and online, (linux).

I didn't notice, I have directory of zip files that I'm using for testing. I obviously didn't update the Joomla one. I will test now locally, (windows) and online, (linux).
FYI: I've updated your instalation to J4.3.2 and it's happy. Of course that's not the same as installing F4 onto 4.3.2, but it's something that works, even if it's a mystery. I can live with that.
Be good to know though wouldn't it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back