Export CSV - & Setting Permissions

IamJim

Presently, when exporting a csv from a list.. it is in "read only" form. How may I adjust the permissions please?

UPDATE >> OK, That was opening from the site...once downloaded opens fine... So contiuning my "inquisitive mind",

What about being able to set permission prior to the down load? AKA. Password protect so as it would be "read only" or "password locked".

Is it doable? And of course, not a global feat, but file or user ACL maybe on how it is handled?

Thanks ~~

Jim

Hi
I guess you are referring to the file permissions on the csv file once downloaded onto your PC? If so then this is just a windows thing as far as I know - not sure there's any magic we can do to change that

Hi
I guess you are referring to the file permissions on the csv file once downloaded onto your PC? If so then this is just a windows thing as far as I know - not sure there's any magic we can do to change that

Hi Rob, thank you for the reply and correct.. I had opened it (instead of saving it local) and that was why it was "read only".. but? My question is, how much work please to also had an "Export as XLS" ?

As XLS files may be Password Protected, bit overhead (file size) increase 5x

Option B? Would be to "pre-zip" the CSV and apply a 'lock'..

And I making sense?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back