entered fields aren't saved in database

wallace10

I have somehow figured out how to create forms and groups within them and a database (I'm not a programmer or web designer... oops). But the thing holding my site back is that when things are entered into the database and clicked on they bring you back to the empty form sheet. What's up with that? :-(
I can't seem to get it to log as a filled-in form sheet. Any suggestions? Thanks so much!

R

I think I had a similar situation once. Are you sure all fields in your table have a corresponding element in Fabrik and that those elements are belonging to the correct group? Try to compare the fields you see in phpMyadmin with the elements in Joomla admin/Fabrik.

The element doesn't show up automatically when I create the form and then the table? I will certainly try that, thanks. It's 1 element per table right, not form? Thanks!
R

The element doesn't show up automatically when I create the form and then the table?

Elements can be hidden/displayed in the table view by clicking on the "show in table view" tick/cross next to the element in the element list.
Ensure that, as Troels says, your form is set to "record in database" and that you have created a table view relating to that form.

It's 1 element per table right, not form?

Erm no :) One element represents one field in a table.

Okay guys, I'm doing everything everyone is saying and it's STILL not recording to the database. I can get it so that there is a number (what?) that appears under fabrik_internal_id, but when clicked upon it takes you back to a blank form instead of the one you just submitted.
So, yes, I can get a database and SOMETHING is being recorded... sadly it's just a blank form instead of the information that the user has typed in. What's up with that?
Is there anything anyone else can think of?
I'm getting desperate as I know it should work... it just doesn't... here's a quick example (obviously the real thing is more complex than this)... but I type this (exactly) in the CSS section of the "groups" area and then add that to a form... I've even tried typing it directly into the form Intro itself:
<p>Your Name: <input TYPE="text" NAME="Name" SIZE="40" MAXLENGTH="40">
</p>
<p>What's Your Gender?
<select NAME="Gender">
<option VALUE="Male">Male
<option VALUE="Female">Female
</select>
</p>
<p>How Old Are You?
<input TYPE="radio" NAME="Age" VALUE="0-25" checked>0-25
<input TYPE="radio" NAME="Age" VALUE="26-50">26-50
<input TYPE="radio" NAME="Age" VALUE="50 and over">51 and Over
</p>

I've tried with and without the </form> at the beginning and the end. Do I need to do something with CGIs? PLEASE HELP!

Try to make a new table from scratch and see if it works.

In my opinion the problem is still that you have a frontend form with less elements/fields than the table stored on the server. The "update database" should solve it, but... If you didn't do it go to Forms, and you will see the Currently available forms". On the right side of the screen you will have two clickable choices for each form, one is "Update Database" the other is "View Database". Click the first of them.
Go to elements and make sure all elements/fields of the table are showing and that each element is affected to the correct group.

rich

Are you saying your trying to type in the html for the form, in the group css section? If this is the case then this is your problem.

The fields, dropdowns, date pickers etc are all created under the "elements" section (select components->fabrik->elements from your admin menu)
When adding a new element you have a drop down box to assign the element to a group. In this way the fields, dropdowns, date pickers etc will appear in your form and will record to the database.

So the structure of the table is this:
Code:
          table
           |
          form
           |
         group
      -----------------
      |           |
   element       element

of if you form has two groups it would look like this:

Code:
                  table
                   |
                  form
           ------------------------
           |                |
         group             group
      -----------------      ------------------
      |           |      |          | 
   element       element  element      element

In the group css field you should only have CSS styling e.g.:

"border:1px solid red;"

and certainly no html code

Hope that helps
Rob

Hi all,
I'm also are not able to store data in DB in front-end while I have no problem with data entry using back-end.

Configuration is Fabrik 2.0rc3 component on Joomla 1.5.15 in remote host.

Firebug error message is:

{"modified":[],"errors":{"fab_economy_expenses___fabrik_internal_id":[[]],"fab_economy_expenses___time_date":[[]],"fab_economy_expenses___type":[[]],"fab_economy_expenses___amount":[[]],"fab_economy_expenses___article_id":[[]]}}

Could you, please, help me as well?

Many Thanks

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back