Email addresses not protected from spam

reidwalley

Joomla: 3.6.2
Fabrik: 3.5

Email addresses in a List, displayed on the front-end via menu item, are not cloaked (not protected from spambots).

I've tried both "Regular Labs Email Protector" plugin and Joomla's built-in email Email Cloaking plugin.

All other instances of email addresses in tables (that are not in a Fabrik List) get cloaked just fine.

This is something we've struggled with before, with the built in J! email cloaking. It's problematic, because J!'s email cloaking is indiscriminate. It will cloak every occurrence of an email, even if it is in a form input. So we deliberately turn cloaking off in form and list views, when we run the output through J!'s content plugin handling. Emails don't often appear in form inputs in lists, but they can do - for instance if you have an element filter you use for searching for emails.

One of these days I'll take some time and see if I can modify the J! email cloaking code so it won't touch addresses which are in form inputs.

Not sure why Regular Labs wouldn't work, tho. I'll load it up and have a look.

-- hugh

Ah, it's because the Regular Labs plugin honors the J! {emailcloak off} setting, which we apply before we run the output of a list render through J!'s content prepare.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back