Editing record not releasing variables

Status
Not open for further replies.

eshelman.carl

Same page as we have been discussing before. Formbots are no longer being used for add or edit.

After a record has been edited the form fields are not being released. After editing if you try to add a new record the inf from the edited record is populated in the fields. This transcends users. If user A edits record 7 then when user B tried to add a record it is prepopulated with info from record 7 even if user B does not have access to record 7.

After you add a record to a table that has not had a record edited, you can then add a record to the table that had the record edited.

I know this description is confusing but it will make sence if you take a look at it.

Thanks, Carl.

I can't duplicate this behaviour at all. I can edit and create every which way, with or without the 'bots, and the fields are always cleared.

-- hugh

Did you try this on my site or your test site?

I just tested it again on my site and am having the same problem. Log in to http://www.vintnerresources.com with the test user I sent you before (I can send again if you no longer have it). Go to winemakers log --> my logs. Select any of the batches. Add a record to the notes table for example. Edit it. Now try to add a new record to the same table. The form will come up with the date of the edited record with a bunch of other characters and the text area will say Array. This example uses the notes table but you can try it with any of the tables.

I tested this with both IE and FF.

Thanks, Carl.

Works fine for me. I edit a batch, add something to the comments, save it, the select Add Record, and I get a normal looking new empty form.

-- hugh

Just tested again from a different computer this time. Issue is still there. The problem is not on the batch page, it is on the details page.

Go to Winemakers Log --> My batches.

SELECT a batch.

Add a Measurement

Edit the measurement -- Be sure to add some comments in the notes section.

Add a second Measurement --- this is where you will see the messud up date and Array in the notes filed... if you input text in the notes section to start with.

Thanks, Carl.

OK, yes, I can now duplicate the problem.

Obviously some kind of session data issue. Less obvious how to fix it.

More News When There Is News.

-- hugh

Carl,

The login you gave me doesn't seem to have backend access. I'd like to try a couple of things ...

-- hugh

Never mind, I think we worked out what the problem is. A while back I added some code to handle validation failure on a formbot submission. Before that, if a formbot failed validation, the form was emptied when it bounced you back to it. It seems that this code is causing the problem you are seeing.

I've created an Unfuddle ticket, so the issue is now on the development radar, and we'll fix it ASAP.

-- hugh

Whew... I was starting to think that all that LSD in the 80s was catching up to me!!!

Sorry about lack of access to the back end. I changed the roll to do some testing and forgot to set it back. If you do need SA access the that account has been put back to that roll.

Thanks, Carl.

Cool.

If you don't mind me loading up my fix to test it there ... it'll save me setting up a test scenario here.

-- hugh

This should now be fixed on your site (thanks for the use of your page for testing), and fixed in SVN 772.

-- hugh

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back