Do 2.0b download files change with bugfixes?

solmil

Are the 2.0b download files static?

ie. if I download them today are they the same as a week or a month ago?

or do the current files reflect most of the bug fixes?

Love and peace,

Sol.

Heya Sol,

To the best of my knowledge, the 2.0b files are static if you want the latest bug fixes/changes (which have been pretty *major* since 2.0b first rolled out), you need to have the latest SVN. I'm just updating to SVN 191 myself, I can tell you though that the SVN is worlds better than just a few weeks ago, Rob's been making some great progress ;).

I chimed in on your other thread about the SVN, I'll test the install of 191 and see if it installs clean on our server and post back (generally they do), I think Rob's "fixed xml installation file - no honest i think i have this time!" [comment from SVN182] ;).

James and Susan

Ok... SVN 191 installed fine on our server. I've included a link to an installable .zip of it in my sig below, I'll update the file and the link text as we upgrade to new versions ourselves.

James and Susan

You are correct. The 2.0b ZIP is simply a snapshot of SVN from a few weeks ago. It's really just there to get the component installed ... you should then immediately get on the SVN train, which is how 2.0b is being distributed until we reach a stable release candidate, and rebuild the official ZIP.

If you want to start from a more up to date ZIP from James, that's cool. But you should really still do the SVN thing, as bug fixes are being committed to SVN multiple times a day.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back