Development rules for merging pull request

burghard

Last time I made a (simple) pull request, which has been merged in a relative short time. Meanwhile I saw and see many pull requests made by Sophist which are not merged until now.

Are there any rules for merging pull requests?

Yes - at the moment it's "when Hugh has time". Which is not good news as it discourages the community from submitting PRs to fix bugs or provide new functionality.

However I am discussing how the community might take some workload off him by clearing this backlog.

Are there any tests to be obligatorily made before a pull request is merged? Is there a test suite? potentially automatic tests? unit tests?

Burghard: There is idealism and there is reality. The reality is that the Fabrik project has developed organically from a time before Github's automated testing and code quality assurance, and it has never generated sufficient income to allow for the development of Coding Standards or Automated Testing.

Looking at testing It would be great if there were a standardised Joomla/Fabrik installation that had examples of every part of Fabrik and which could be used for testing. Hugh might have something like that, but at the moment it is not shared.

But wouldn't it be great if someone were to create a test environment that we can install ourselves - or even better still create the infrastructure framework in the Github repo for automated testing even if it were only for Elements.

We looked at unit testing a while back, but the time and effort involved was just too much.

So it's just old fashioned torture test forms on my dev sites.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back