Deletion of row not possible if huge amount of data in list view

wezetel

I have a list with various textareas. Two of them where included in the list view. At some point in time it was not possible to delete a row and I did some tests. I changed the textareas to display with others and deletion was possible.

In the end I found out, that if a lot of data (e.g. amount of data in the textarea and/or numbers of rows to display) the source of the problem was.

Simple solution: reduce the number of rows to display. Just a heads up for others for this corner case problem (took me hours to find out :) )

And you didn't get any error message or some spinning loader or so?
Is this list ajaxfied?

Did you try to enable "Big selects" in Fabrik Options?

Or playing with Add Distinct and Disable Caching in list settings/Advanced?

It sounds like hitting some limit - but why on Delete?
Can you add new records?
Any list plugins?

Or playing with Add Distinct and Disable Caching in list settings/Advanced?
Played with these settings. No success (Pech im Spiel, Glück in der Liebe :) )
It sounds like hitting some limit - but why on Delete?
Only an idea: delete is the only action, where I stay in list view. After the delete-confirmation dialog seems to try to refresh the view w/o success.
Adding the deletion button to the form deletes the record (but this is the form view...)
Can you add new records?
Yes, no problem (as this leaves the list and opens the form)
Any list plugins?
No, this list is just to show users structured content. Endusers will only see the title of items, linked to the details view. Maintainers see addional fields, to check, where they need to add content.

As already said: this seems to be a corner case and I seem to be the first person having this problem. So I can give according instructions to the maintainers. But if you are interested I can PM you super user access to the copy of my development site.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.
Back