Default database

exchudy

Hello all

I have weard problem.
I have two databases conected via "Connections"
One for MyApp set as default
Second as Joomla site database

I cannot reach Jommla database when MyApp db is set as default.
Connections is confirmed as working.
When I select (in databasejoin or new list) Joomla databes its shows only tables from default (MyApp) databases.
When i set JoomlaDB as default database ewerythink working as expected.

Next
I set JoomlaDB as default, thent create table in it, table was created, change default db again to MyApp db. Now i try to add new element and get:

Call to undefined method Joomla\Database\Mysqli\MysqliDriver::getErrorMsg()

Any help or advice?

Best Regards

Last edited:
You can't cross-join. A dbjoin element from a list connected to database A can't use a table from database B (even if both connections are shown in the setup).
Standard is connectionID 1 = J! database = default, and I think it's better not to change this.
In principle Fabrik does support multiple connections but I'm not sure if this will do with any (complex) setup.

I don't think we changed anything in the connection handling in F4, did your setup work in F3?

And no, don't change anything with connections if you have already lists/elements/data.

To get the error stack enable J! System debug and try again. This should show the failing file.

I was trying to keep all MyApp tables in one database. So i create this db.
So there will be no crose-joins. Except my try to join users from Joomla db, which fail.

I understand that i should keep all tables in same base as joomla and use only one database.

I had no experience with previous versions of loomla and Fabrikar.
Fabrik Delta behave same, i just check it on another instance.

Now i am a bit wories. Becouse i thought that whole logic will be in Joomla database. All fabric related tables was created there at install. But now i see some new Fabric tables created in MyApp db. So i wories about crose joins of them.

I see:
fabrik_comments
fabrik_privacy
fabrik_notification
fabrik_notification_event
fabrik_notification_event_sent

this tables was created after i change default db and start develoup MyApp

Best Refgards

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online