Database Join won't hold values

markbgomez

I'm building a form for administrators to use in observing teachers. I have several tables containing information about teachers, departments, and classes. I created a Schedule table that uses Database joins to use info from the other tables.
The problem I have is that in every database join element, the Value and Label don't stay selected. I choose the site database connection, Department table, id value, and Department_Name label and save. When I go back in, it clears the choices for value and label. When I click "Please select", there are no options. If I choose a different table and then come back to the department table, my options are there and I can save them, but they clear every time.

I am running Joomla 2.5.6 with Fabrik 3.0.6.1. I'm on a Mac and have tested this in Chrome, Firefox, and Safari with the same results.

This may be a bug we fixed shortly after the 3.0.6.1 ZIP was built. We'll be putting out a 3.0.6.2 tomorrow (Monday). Can you either wait see if that fixes it, or update to the latest github code, and see if that works.

Are you seeing any Javascript errors when you either load or save the page?

Also, if this was not a brand new install on 3.0.6.1, can you make sure you clear the cache on your browser? We've seen quite a few odd errors popping up after folk update to 3.0.6.x, where browsers have old JS files cached. A ctrl-F5 should work to clear the cache and force a reload of all JS files in most browsers.

-- hugh

Gotcha. I'll wait until tomorrow and try to update it from Github.
I tested it on separate computers and different browsers after updating to 3.6.1 so I don't think its a cache issue.
I'll try it tomorrow and let you know if that fixes the problem. Thanks!

So, I've upgraded again from Github today and I'm still seeing this issue. I'll set the database join to a certain table, value, and label and save. When I click on the element again, the value and label fields have lost their value and say Please Select. If I run the form, it will work correctly the first time, but then not work after that until I go back and reset the value and label settings in the db join. Any ideas or should I just start over?

Do you have WYSIWYG editor for element labels enabled (Fabrik options)?
Can you see any JS errors (firefox/firebug, chrome JS console...)?

Hi!

I have a similar problem.
I have a form with repeating groups. One of them contains a database join element as a dropdown list and 2 cascading dropdowns. First one is depends on the database join dropdown's selection, the second one depends on the first cascading dropdown's selection.
When I first fill in the form, everything is OK, but when I re-edit the form, the 2 cascading dropdowns don't show their values. But this problem occurs only if the group is repeated in the form!
The elements of the first group hold their values, but the repeats not.

Have a nice day!

I'm set to use no editor. I looked in Firebug and didn't see any JS errors. Tried on multiple browsers on Windows and Mac. None of my database joins are holding. I'm tempted to uninstall, clear out the db and just start over.

I deleted all the tables. Created a new database connection. Recreated the lists and elements, and still have the problem.
Any ideas?

I have a similar issue.

I use several basic lists to populate different tables, some of them include databasejoin element. They work ok.

Then these lists are group together in a new list using 'joins'. My objective is to display some information coming from table 1 (first group) and table 2 (second group) and based on that the user has to enter some information in table 3 (third group).

In this context, all the original databasejoin element values from group 1 and 2 are simply overwritten with 'blank' each time the form is saved.

I don't think this is new problem. I have always seen it this way.

I installed Fabrik 3.0.6.1 on a different Joomla installation on the same server and it seem to work fine.
To be more specific about what I'm doing, I have the following tables:
Class - course title
Department - dept title, dept head, dept head email
Faculty - first, last, email
Period - color, day, start, stop

Then, there is a schedule table which has:
Period -> db join from Period table
Teacher -> db join from Faculty table
Class -> db join from class table
Department -> db join from Department table
Room
Link to observation form

The observation form should prepopulate when the observation link is clicked in the schedule table. It has the following:
date-time
Teacher - get values from schedule table
Dept Name - get values
Teacher email - db join autocomplete (optional, so an observer can make comments without sending them to the teacher)
Dept Head email - db join autocomplete based on Dept Name. (again, optional to send comments to dept head)
Period - get values
Class - get values
Observer - user plugin
Comments - text area
Video link - field
Additional emails - fill in additional emails to send comments to

In my tests, it works flawlessly the first time it's run. Then it won't work again because it loses the Label and Name values in the database join. Also, when I click on the element in the backend to edit it, it loses the values when it's opened to edit.

Can you do a github update or update vie the J! extensions manager to 3.0.6.3. We had a few issues in .1 which might possibly be affecting this.

Do you get any JS errors when you open the join element for edit on the backend? best way to tell is to run FireFox with Firebug installed.

-- hugh

I ran the update earlier and refreshed and still have the issue. I'm setting it up on a different install of Joomla and it seems to be working fine. It's 3.0.6.1 though, without all the added plugins from Github. Just seems to be a weird issue with this install of Joomla.

by default I agree, it works.... but if you apply some ACL (read only = nobody) on a databasejoin element that is part of a 'repeat group' then each time you save your form all databasejoin element values in the repeat group are reset to 0

here is what I have
list1 based on table1 and with a join on table2 (repeatable = yes)

in table1 and table2 I have databasejoin elements with Editable = nobody

each time I save my form:
my databasejoin elements in table1/group1 still hold the value
my databasejoin elements in table2/group2 are all set to 0 (for the 3 repeat groups I have in this group)

Can you help?

the thread you refer to is different issue.

the issue I have is related to ACL:

' if you apply some ACL (read only = nobody) on a databasejoin element that is part of a 'repeat group' then each time you save your form all databasejoin element values in the repeat group are reset to 0

here is what I have
list1 based on table1 and with a join on table2 (repeatable = yes)

in table1 and table2 I have databasejoin elements with Editable = nobody

each time I save my form:
my databasejoin elements in table1/group1 still hold the value
my databasejoin elements in table2/group2 are all set to 0 (for the 3 repeat groups I have in this group)'

hi.
"repeat" is not set

but i've found a solution : i've move the elements of the form/group (generated by the join) in the form/group of the main table.
and trash the form/group no needed.

my concern is with Repeat Group
actualy databasejoin element with editable=nobody in a repeat group

any fix for that?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back