database has become really slow

https://www.artcounseloraroma.net

this is a copy of the original..i am using for tesing pourposes
IN this one i removed the login through user/pwd..so it is accessible to everyone

sorry i think about it
i made a login..there are names and some datas..noone would get here..but better to keep it safe

user:debug
pwd:debug2023

Last edited:
And what is the problem with this?
what you mean?if you are talking about the issue i am trying to solve is that there is problem of resource(mostly cpu) usage..a simple filter with for example "completo" in the list view" would cause cpu usage hitting 100%. Not the first..but if you do 2,3 search close each other you can see it ..system will hang
Sometimes it hapoens even changing the page
so provider would limit my usage for 24 hours

You have about 50 calc elements?

All are set to "Only calc on Save"= No?
Which is the default but only necessary if the caculation uses "external" data like dates or data from other tables which may change.
This is adding a lot of calculation on list view because each calc element has to be re-calculated.
And it doesn't make sense if you want to use a calc element as filter or for list ordering (because here it's always taking the DB values)
Your list is set to "Ajaxfy"=YES?
Which seems to re-calculate all your calc elements for the list view, no matter if shown in the list or not (I assume this can be optimized but for now it's as it is).​

So
set your list to Ajaxfy=no (the default)
set your calc elements to "Only calc on Save"=YES (as fas as I understand you are only calculating the value/label of an other element)

Reactions: cap
ok i have changed both as the Ajaxfy was to YES (but i don't remember i have changed..don't know the use for), and all the calc were to NO i set them to YES
The change at AJAXFY was suddendly effective though! Now when i filter those elements in list view i don't have big lag...only little now and then.
Can't tell how effective is the change on calc..as you see there is always a small delay when click on the answer before getting the response. This seems to do not have changed, but probably the overall load is less, even if don't notice
I'll keet testing for a while and see what happened
Thanks a lot, the filtering issue was really problematic, at time users could not work anymore.. Now for testing the provider gave me 4cpu, but normally is 1..so it was very easy to get limited!

Last edited:
mmm may be i talk too early
i have just now a block of the system
now it appears different than before..the page is there (before not, as it hang while refreshing) but i just cannot click nowhere. I have to refresh, .but it happened also that when i refresh i received an error saying that it was loading and could not refresh
So...don't know..may be a little better, but still problematic

Again..after 2,3 filtering everything is blocked and whereever i go to click i receive a windows saying "page is still loading, plese wait". And i cannot do anything until i go the browser address bar and press enter. Even with refresh it remains hanging.
It is very similar to what happened before, in the end
The good thing is that i don't see resources getting high when this happen. Before as soon as i had this hang cpu resources went suddendly to 100%
I haven't seen this now, at least not yet

Last edited:
more info: if i use advanced search i can make several query next to the other and i don't get hanging. Of course it is not as fast as i can do with the filter, there is a bit more time between the search, i don't know if this can make the difference

more info2: is it possible that disabling "seacrh all" in list, make things better?since i disable, dont get anymore block (hope not talking too early again :) ) And it don't block even if set AJAXFY again to YES..is that something possible?

Last edited:
You really have a lot of elements in your list/form
It seems you have defined list filters for all (or at least a lot of) elements, so all these elements are "prepared" for beeing a filter
Fabrik is doing generic stuff which is covering standard cases, with such a lot of elements you may hit limits and you have to optimize.

So (and/or)
don't set a filter on elements you don't need for filtering
use filter type "Field" if possible
don't include in advanced search
don't include in list query
don't use toggle filters
keep in mind that J! System debug will use resources,too. Turn it off as soon as possible

or
Create a copy of your list and only enable elements you really need for list view and filtering, set custom Add and Edit links to the "big" form/details view + a redirect form plugin redirecting to the reduced list view on Save.

BTW:
I don't think an empty or 'blank' value will do as a radio button value (Decisione filtering).

Append &fabrikdebug=1 to your list URL
You'll see the lot of stuff which is created for all your elements.

That's why you can exclude from including in list query or rendering
upload_2023-9-21_19-24-8.png

You really have a lot of elements in your list/form
It seems you have defined list filters for all (or at least a lot of) elements, so all these elements are "prepared" for beeing a filter
Fabrik is doing generic stuff which is covering standard cases, with such a lot of elements you may hit limits and you have to optimize.

So (and/or)
don't set a filter on elements you don't need for filtering
use filter type "Field" if possible
don't include in advanced search
don't include in list query
don't use toggle filters
keep in mind that J! System debug will use resources,too. Turn it off as soon as possible

or
Create a copy of your list and only enable elements you really need for list view and filtering, set custom Add and Edit links to the "big" form/details view + a redirect form plugin redirecting to the reduced list view on Save.

BTW:
I don't think an empty or 'blank' value will do as a radio button value (Decisione filtering).

All of the element i set to filter can be used as filter. So yes i have set them all to be included in the advanced search as th eonly way i can use them fo search. of course all a part of the text elements.
All of them have fixed value..Y,N,E,D..so the field may be not that good..because not all those field has the same value..so a user should remember that for that field, in that question choice are s/n and for that other is e/d..i think it is difficult. User must know what to seacrh for each elemente he need to search.

The adavnced search..it is a problem, if i don't include it in advanced search how do i check all those elements?
Doing in the filter is not possible..being tens and tens
When you say don't use toggle..what you mean?I should not use the FILTERS? (above,under toggeable..)) what do i use if i don't use them then?
I am confused..You say to do not include in advanced search and not use toggle filters..so how do i do?

I need bit more time to understand properly are things you wrote..example the create a copy of the list..i 'm not understanding what i should do..i'll study better tomorrow

Btw..what you mean with this
"I don't think an empty or 'blank' value will do as a radio button value (Decisione filtering)".
I need a value that i can set for when there is not an answer yet. That field has this question "did the patient accepted to take the therapy?yes or no? So if he decided it is a yes, if he denied it is a no..
But if the proposal has not been made yet...what do i set? That's why i use *,
I do this for all the other questions, as the problem is the same.
Yes or NO means that the mattter has been faced and there is an answer.
But if the matter has not been faced yet, the question not made yet..i need to remain in a neutral state. (not all the questions are made in the same session)

Last edited:
so to resume

I have set all ONLY CALC ON SAVE to YES
I have set to EXCLUDE in LIST QUERY all the elements
I have set FILTER on LIST to UNDER Headings (no toggeable)
I have set in phpmyadmin OPCACHE to ON (it is a suggestion from joomla forum)

seems enough better

I don't have understood very well all the speech about filtering and toogle
So i need to undesrtand how shall i do? I need to be able to search in nearly all of the elements available. But i only needs to see very few things in list view. The one i see now(and if possible the filtered element would be nice..but not fundamental)

NOTE: i set all the TEXT elements (all those that caontains the text of the questions) also for filtering as FIELD.
This because when i use the ADVANCED SEARCH, it will works as GUIDE to locate the questions for the real filter of elements

Example
This is the content of advanced seacrh

TEXT CONTAINING THE QUESTION N 1
S/N
E

TEXT CONTAINING THE QUESTION N 2
S/N
E

...and on

This way i canlocate the question, and then i can make the search in the S/N element, or in the E element

I know it is not really fluent..but i did not know how to to
In general i find it hard to organize a way to query all those elements

The filter with toggle are set only to 4 elements that i see in the list view. They are the most common so it is nice that are there, quick to use

Please let me know what can i do to improve all this are regarding search
thanks

Last edited:
also please explain me about
"I don't think an empty or 'blank' value will do as a radio button value (Decisione filtering)."
As i explained before i have set it like this for all the radiobutton
Value= (empty)
Label=*
I told you before the reason i do that..i understand know you say that the value shoud not be empty?
Is it a problem the empty value?
Keep in mind that there is a php script in FORM-PLUGIN, that search all the radiobutton to see if there is a " " value. This will set the COMPLETO yesno element to YES or NO. It indicates if all the questions are answered or no
also please explain me about

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back