csv file improt error

Pavlov

Hi, I have upgraded to the latest version of Fabrik for Joomla 2.5 and I am trying to create a list (in the backend) by uploading a csv file, something I did successfully with my previous installation but now it does not work anymore (not even with only a couple of rows and columns). I use commas and quotes as separators, as previously, so i do not think there is any problem with the format.

The procedure identifies the labels and the first row elements, but when I click on the button "Next" I get the following message:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getDefaultProperties() on a non-object in /home/materi79/public_html/joomla16/administrator/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php on line 2274

Strangely enough, I found what should be the function referred but it is called getDefaultParams() rather than getDefaultProperties().

I have tried using a tab as a separator, but in this case the procedure does not even detect the lables and first row elements.

Could anybody check whether this is a bug or my installation is incorrect?

It's a bug, see https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik/issues/660

A workaround may be to create your list including the elements manually, then use list's CSV import.

Hi, thank you for the suggestion. I have tried to create all the elements and then import the table and this works fine, although if you have many elements (like me) it is quite a lot of work to re-create all of them. I have uninstalled all Fabrik files and installed again the official 5,3 MB package (pkg_fabrik_3.0.6.3.zip) and tried the csv import again, and voila... it works again ! That means the bug seems to have appeared after this version.

Now it's in the github issues list as of a couple of days ago, it'll get fixed soon.

I'd suggest hanging on for a few more days, and keep an eye on that issue.

-- hugh

Note that I only fixed the "import to new table" issue. Troester has quite rightly re-opened that ticket, as I didn't address the issues with "import to existing table".

-- hugh

Note that I only fixed the "import to new table" issue. Troester has quite rightly re-opened that ticket, as I didn't address the issues with "import to existing table".

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back