Create a table report (solved for now)

zebrafilm

I would like to create an overview table with all values previously entered in a list.

My clients answers questions in a form, I do some calcs and it all gets saved.
I know you can then make a new list,, using the same table but then I still see dropboxes etc. with the linked elements in the details view.

I only want a list of the label + values. easy to print and easy to view and make a PDF.

What is the best approach?

Maybe you could MAKE a copy of the list and set all the elements to Read Only. Any changes to make to the COPY do not impact the original list so you can remove items such as linked data. You can also change all the copied elements to readonly for that particular view.

Failing that you could create a Joomla article and use something like NoNumbers Sourcerer to run a manual query directly on the database. You may of course have a complex query if you have lots of joins etc.

The moment I edit the elements in a 'copied' list, I will have to unlink them. Unlinking will loose the connection to the element cq value entered earlier.

I want to display the plain values without dropboxes etc. read only or not does not make a difference.

I'll have a look if I can make a straight query and may be Sourcerer could help.
Issue is more that I don't want to show all values so making a query selecting the elements will be a serious task.

The beauty of fabrik is of course that it is easy to set was shows in a list or details list.

Unlinking the elements just makes them standalone in the sense that any changes you make to the parent element will not change to the child element.

Which dropboxes are you referring to? This is List View right?

List view shows the records but I need to show the detailed view from only a selected amount of elements (no prob) but present them like a sheet. Not with their element 'issues' so no dropdowns, but only the value.

Guess I will need to build a list with all calc elements looking up the values in the DB and then showing them on screen.

This is where I got confused as you wouldn't normally have dropdowns in detailed view only in form view!

Do you have 'only calc on save' set to YES for your calculations? i.e they are not calculated realtime?

Hmmm, my head head can't begin to work out why that is happening. It's not a Fabrik template issue as I tried loading it up with another template. The URL is correct, well it's suggesting detail mode.

The source of the page suggests it is definitely going into form mode. Do you have any custom URL's defined in your list or any .htaccess redirects?

How recent is your Github level? I can't see anything obvious through the Github log. Does this happen to all your lists?

I update everyday from Github....
No it does not happen to other lists, only this long one with a lot of calcs / ajax.
If I create a new list from the same DB table it behaves the same (bad).

I guess there is a logically explanation..... I can't think of it though!

It's not a template issue and if it's bad after creating a new list it shouldn't be setting related. When you say create a new list is this a new one or a copy? With a new one you would have to manually change all the elements to their correct type. Is this the case?

The fact that it only happens on this table is even stranger especially if you are indeed doing it from scratch.

I have setup a copy of the site on a test server to go wild. (thank you for fixing the connection/pw issue)
Tested to see if it was related to caching or something on the server but can't find any difference Tried with all elements disabled to see if there was a f###up somewhere in my code but even with only a singel ID and a name fields it still behaves the same.
Hope understand your questions:
I have create a new list that was pointing to the same DB table. Not a totally fresh one so to speak.
Both original and clone behave the same. First one has many groups, the clone only two and I did not change anything there.
All elements show in the detail list as they are in the original form, not as text only items/elements.
I cannot change the elements to another type without loosing the link.

Looking in the console I can see it is still running JS group validations for groups not there (only in the original list/form).

When creating a PDF the list details all look good.

I am more than happy to give access to this test server if you want to play around there. I will add it to My Sites as testserver.

Did some more testing after the latest Git update this morning:

Found most of the time it was working in the backend except for the cloned list. Decided to delete the list and all elements and created a new one. This one seems to work.
Going to keep my fingers crossed and continue working. Thanks for the help

Well glad you got it working. Make regular backups before any big changes, especially to do with joins etc, then if something goes wrong you can take a couple of steps back.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back