Compare input values with database

premierhw

Hi All,

I just would like to know is there any Fabrik plugin/function for compare user input data with the database record?

What I would like to do is...

When users edit the information with Fabrik from which has been generated by placeholder {fabrik view=form id=1 rowid=$rowid}, I need to know which columns are amended after submit button is clicked.

FYI: There are over 100 input fields therefore I would like to know easy option.

Thank you in advance.
premierhw

Hi troester,

I have tried to use the logs plugin.
The logs email/DB only shows 'COMPARE_DATA_NO_DIFFERENCES' even though I changed some of field's values. (Dropdown menu, textarea and fields)

Please refer my settings:
1) Joomla! 2.5.16 n Fabrik2.5 (Should I use Fabrik3.0?)
2) Modifying the recorded values via the form using {fabrik view=form id=1 rowid=$rowid} placeholder
3) See attached screenshot of Fabrik logs plgin

Is my setting right or I'm using the plug in wrong?

Thank you in advance.
premierhw

Attachments

• 2013-12-16_1448.png
    2013-12-16_1448.png
    32.5 KB · Views: 312
  • 2013-12-16_1449.png
    2013-12-16_1449.png
    7.1 KB · Views: 296
Fabrik2.5 (Should I use Fabrik3.0?)
???I hope you are running Fabrik3.0.9 on Joomla2.5;) (Fabrik2.5 doesn't exist)

I never used this plugin, and as the WIKI says it is not really tested in Fabrik3+ (and compare data is "Work in progress")
Did you try with the form directly called via menu item?

Hi troester,

Apologies... yes, it's Fabrik 3.0.9 :)

By the way, the form is called via menu item.
I coded {fabrik view=form id=1 rowid=$rowid} in the Single Article page which is called by menu item.

Hope this info helps.
Thank you in advance.

premierhw

that whole code simply sucks, it was written by a user and really isn't the right way to do text comparison.
In joomla 3.2 there are now some nice content comparison classes which we could potentially use to compare the rows for Fabrik 3.1, but I don't think we can realistically expect to back port that into Fabrik 3.0.x
As previously stated the code is what it is for this iteration of the plugin, if certain things aren't working then they're low on our list of priorities as when we get started on re-coding the plugin it will be only for the latest version of Fabrik and will necessitate a complete re-write.

Hi Rob,

Thank you for your comment.

As you might have noticed, my colleague fixed bug in github few days ago.
I now managed to use the function and it would be great if Fabrik can develop this function more practically.
However I presume there may not be lots demand for this function...

Again, thanks for getting back to me.
Regards,

premierhw

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back