Community Builder Plugin Error 0 : Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed

rrwilson

Hi all,

We have an issue with the Fabrik plugin for CB clashing with a non-3rd party/official CB plugin from Joomlapolis itself.

When both the Fabrik and Auto Actions CB plugins are published in the CB plugins manager, the User's Profile stops working with "Error 0: Serialization of 'Closure' is not allowed" displayed as formatted error in the site template i.e. not an apache error.

I know that the CB plugin is not a core or frequently updated part of Fabrik's fabric ;), but I hoped that perhaps someone has an idea? :confused:

We are investigating embedding Fabrik forms in an article and then setting that article as a CB Profile tab instead. But that is just a theory just now (from this CB forum chat for reference)

Thanks for any thoughts! :)

Last edited:
What does Auto Actions do?

That's a pretty bizarre error to get, as it means something is trying to serialize some PHP code. Do you have any custom code anywhere?

-- hugh

Auto Actions is a rapid conditional workflow generation / automation tool via a backend interface with little coding (link). To be frank, I haven't used it yet and I have no custom code on the site though.

At the time when this issue first came up, the only sizeable installs were Fabrik, CB and the CB Fabrik plugin and all was well. Then I installed a bunch of official CB addons, then that error came instead of the CB Profile page. I worked out through trial and error that disabling Auto Actions sorted it, but that was odd because 1) the CB plugins were all CB official and it seemed odd to their devs and 2) the test site is largely empty and 'out of the box'. Then I remembered that the only 3rd party CB plugin at the time was the Fabrik one. Unpublishing that allowed the Auto Actions plugin to be republished without killing the profile page.

I'll have to build a CB test site to make any sense of that. And even then, that particular error can be a bitch to track. Did it give you a file / line number in the error?

And I'm kind of swamped with the 3.5 update stuff atm.

I'm happy to give our CB stuff some love, now we have someone using it. I'm just not in a position to do it right now.

-- hugh

Thanks Hugh. I'll need to investigate deeper into logs to see if lines/files show up there.

Do you have a relationship with Nick or Kyle from CB? I ask because these addons are not distributable I believe. They might be pleased to allow you download access though. Mutual interest I guess. I'll flag the idea to them in the related CB thread.

Otherwise we would happily look into setting you up with a test site FTP location and DB which would be our CB usage but you'd have free reign to play.

R.

Last edited:
No error in apache2 error.log or in joomla's logs error.php.... o_O Anywhere else I can check / somehow jack up relevant debugging?

On a related CB plugin note and as a 'heads up' regarding this post (CSS and loading gif issues), I will have to deactivate the Fabrik CB plugin in the meantime so I can continue CB experiments. Further notes in that other thread, as I want to limit the cross posting...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back