Calendar visualization template

bobede

I'm creating an events calendar that I would like to have the googlemaps plugin integrated as well as a joined table for uploading multiple images. I followed Rob's tutorial on creating a custom details template and was able to get a very nicely formatted details view showing thumbnails that open in a lightbox with captions where you can "next" through all the images.

I would like to do something similar to this with the details view for the calendar. The thing is, that the details view opens in a popup, so I'm not sure what would happen with my thumbnails - nested lightbox? I see that most of the templating for the calendar viz seems to be in the calendar.js file. Is there a quick change that can be made to that file that would change the default behaviour of opening details view in a popup to viewing a detail page, similar to the way you link from a regular list view?

Thanks
Bob

Silly me. I didn't realize that the popup in the calendar viz uses the detailed view template defined in the form. I'm still not sure how the thumbnail images will behave being in a popup, but I guess we'll see.

Bob

The thumbnail popup images behaved normally, opening in a lightbox slideshow with captions. When closing the slideshow, the event details popup remains open which is the desired effect. The only other issue I was having was with the size of the event details popup window - specifically the width. I tried editing the width in the calendar.js file but that had no effect. I noticed that there is a function after the width setting that uses fitToContent. This basically changes the popup window to suit the size of whatever is displayed. I had been using a custom template for the event details based on Rob's video tutorial where your elements are wrapped by a div with a class of row-fluid. This is why the popup window was so narrow. I wrapped the whole works in a div with style="width: 600px;" and my popup displayed exactly as desired.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back