Button element gives error and does not render properly

EricWebsite

When the Button element List view settings > Show in list is set to Yes, an empty <td> is generated (with the correct class).

If it is set to No, an error is displayed in the list:

Warning: Undefined property: stdClass::$"correct element name" in xxxxx/components/com_fabrik/views/list/tmpl/bootstrap/default_row.php on line 20

In both cases it is displayed correctly in the detals form.

I can't see an error if Show in list = no.
What do you mean with
stdClass::$"correct element name" ?
Is this literally the error message?
Are you running the original Fabrik bootstrap template?
Code:
line 20 default_row.php
<?php echo isset($this->_row->data) ? $this->_row->data->$heading : '';?>

The documentation says that the button element should not display in a list: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/button-element/ :
Introduction(top)
Creates an html <button> in form view (does not display in list view).

So it is strange that anything shows up at all (the empy <td>'s).
In the error I used "correct element name" to refer to the element name: table__element as it is actually shown in the error.
I am running the original Fabrik bootstrap template and line 20 is identical as in your post.

So it is strange that anything shows up at all (the empy <td>'s).
I think this is like in F3. Default setting for elements is "Show in list"=no. So as long as you don't change it...
I'd like to have the button also rendering in list view - you not necessarily use it for only adding JS but may also have it to show some custom links -> enhancement at some time.

But as I said I don't get this error message.
The "correct element name" is your button element? Did you set anything else which is not default?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back