Bug::Form::Module & Menu::Joomla 3.3::Fabrik3.1

Bucklash

Hi folks

I have experienced what seems to be a bug with the 'form' stuff
PHP 5.4.x (not sure of last digit)

Tried locally and on hosting provider

ISSUE:
I created a List, which automatically creates a Form and Group
I then created an element (type=field), associated it with the group.

All good so far.

When trying to view the form and add data in the back end the ADD and CSV buttons were not visible.
On the front end both Form Menu Item and Form Module would not display - a warning message said I didn't have permissions

At OSTraining, Nick sorted it for me by changing the form template to Bootstrap, saving, then changing back to default. All now seems good.

ADDITIONAL INFO:
When I installed the sample data the form in the backend showed the ADD and CSV buttons, but threw up a 500 error on the front end.

The 500 error disappeared when I unpublished the module.

Hope that helps

Jon
fab-backend-error.pngfab-frontend-error.png

Edit:

It does seem to be the case that the sample data can display fine, but data lists and forms created not using sample data don't show properly or at all.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about or can offer some assistance?

1. you have to update from GitHub if you are running J3.3+
2. check your access settings in your list

Hi Troester

Thanks for that.

I have a question if you don't mind:

I am trying to follow the instructions
(http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/):
Upload the contents of the Fabrik-fabrik-xxx folder (i.e. "administrator","components",...) to your Joomla root

I thought that in MAMP that would be htdocs/mysite/

That seems like a really bad idea as I would overwrite the administrator and components (etc) files for Joomla.

So instead I tried htdocs/

I put the files there and then in 'extension manager'/discover clicked discover.
A load of fabrik files showed which seemed reassuring. So I installed them all.

I went to fabrik in the backend of site, selected form, then 'view data'. Same thing. No option to add, and no CSV either.

The access settings in List are all public
Any tips, links, blogs you can refer me to would be most appreciated?

Thanks for any help

Jon
PS hope not too long winded and hope it is coherent...

Upload the contents of the Fabrik-fabrik-xxx folder (i.e. "administrator","components",...) to your Joomla root
This is correct.
The folders administrator, components... of the GitHub zip only contain Fabrik files, so they don't override any Joomla or 3rd components files.
You have to merge those folders into the existing ones (which is done automatically e.g. with filezilla FTP upload or in Windows; it depends on your system how to do it), so it will add new Fabrik files/folders and override existing FABRIK files.

Hi
Thanks for your efforts.

I think this a bit over my head really. I am working locally, put the folders into htdocs/ then discovered them (well, something got discovered, not sure from where they were discovered though).

So what version of Joomla works best with the Fabrik on Fabrik website, 3.2
(3.2 has a dodgy security concern...)?

To recap:
Install latest official Fabrik,
Get files from master branch on Github
put them in root folder of site.
Discover them
Install them
Job done.

I am pretty sure I did all that. Will have to do again tomorrow

AAh, so I get what you mean about the FileZilla method now and why you would do it that way.
I still have to discover afterwards?

Thanks

Jon

No, not the master branch. WIKI: Update from GitHub

Install/update Joomla3.3(.1)
Install latest official Fabrik3.1
Get GitHub JOOMLA3 branch, unzip, put (merge) folders administrator... into your Joomla root.
Now Fabrik (core) is running with the latest code.

Do the "past GitHub steps" to let Joomla (extension manager) know about the files added via GitHub
You don't need to discover anything as long as you don't want to use addional plugins not coming with the Fabrik download (core) version.

Thanks for your help.

I will be back to pester you after I have worked out how to connect FileZilla to MAMP :)

Hi again:

So I can't just copy and paste the files, replacing the old ones? ie:
replace old com_fabrik with new com_fabrik?

FileZilla and Mamp are defeating me so I thought I'd ask the above question while I struggle (probably to my death:) ).

Thanks

Jon

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back