Birthdate element issue in repeat groups [bug]

trb

Hi - I am using the birthday element in a repeating group. It works fine on the first group but does not seem to increment the repeat group number of the ID attribute for the second group. If I inspect the page html I see the following ID's for the three dropdowns.

First Group:
<div class="fabrikSubElementContainer" id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0">
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_1" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[0][1]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
/
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_0" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[0][0]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
/
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_2" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[0][2]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
</div>

Second Group:
<div class="fabrikSubElementContainer" id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_1">
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_1" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[1][1]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
/
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_0" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[1][0]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
/
<select id="jos_form_18_repeat___dob_0_2" name="jos_form_18_repeat___dob[1][2]" class="input-small fabrikinput inputbox ">
</select>
</div>

This is causing a problem with some age calculation which relies on these dates. Can anyone confirm they are seeing the same thing and is this an issue with the birthday element?

Thanks.

As I said: on my site it's showing id=.._0_x and _1_x as expected.
Any special settings?
Same in frontend and backend?

Thanks for checking.

I just checked and it appears correctly in the backend.... not sure what that tells me???

For settings I have:
List generation method: since years
Number of years/ start year: 2008
Years forward/backward: -4

I have user javascript on the element which calls an age calculation.
I have swapped the order of the dropdowns in fabrik-element-birthday-form.php - so instead of Day/Month/Year, it is Month/Day/Year

The first group works fine and the dropdowns display Month/Day/Year the second dropdown shows Month/ /
for the dropdowns. The options are still available it just that the labels for Month/Year do not display.

Thank you for any pointers...

I've tried reverting the dropdown order back to its original Day/Month/Year with the same result.
I've tried disabling the javascript calculation and also tried using the Beez template but still get the same behavior.
I also tried this on a simpler form on another joomla installation running J3.9.11 and Fabrik 3.9 and get the same thing
First repeat group works fine, the second one only shows Day/ / in the dropdowns and the ID does not increment with the repeat group. Thanks to your suggestion I can see it is correct in the backend....but can't see what could be the issue on the front???

Ok, I see it.
It's only after adding new groups (before saving), names are incremented correctly and also the fabrikSubElementContainer id, but not the label for id, the sub-ids and not the fabrikElementContainer class "fb_el_...".
After save (i.e. on the next pageload) all groups are incremented correctly.
So the issue is somewhere in form.js...

Thanks for confirming you also see the issue Troester.

For now, I have changed my code to use the name attribute which updates correctly in the repeat groups.

Hi - is there any official way to report this bug and hopefully get it resolved? It's easily and 100% reproducible and I'm sure if the right developer were to look at it, it could get fixed.

Back