Best Way to use Joomla 4 & Joomla 3 With Fabrik

jmoises

Hello, so i have this situation, we have a website up and runing on Joomla 4 design, user and content all ready, but now i need forms! so for me there is only one for that porpuse, FABRIK but is not compativle for joomla4, i am planing to creat a new instalation on separte folder for Joomla3 With Fabrik, here are my questions:

1 how can i convine the users from joomla4 to joomla3 do i need to do a manual process (cron job maybe)_?
2 can i use frame pages in joomla4 to show the forms (from the joomla3)

any advise is apreciated it,

Thank you

While more may depend on a few more factors in your specific use case, you can tell that it won't be an easy task.

(1) Ideally you'd have a SSO (single sign on) plugin which registers and logs in users in both sites and keeps the user data synced in real time (as cron jobs would always be more or less "delayed", obviously). You can look through the JED if something like this exists covering both J!4 and J!3, I'm not so sure...

Even if that were working, then you'd still need to solve the issue of making Fabrik fully accessible and functional in J!4.
Soooo...:

(2) iFrames may work or not, it depends. Best would be testing it yourself with each form, list, detail -- after all, testing this won't be difficult or take long.
Should you get it going one way or another: of course, if anything in Fabrik affects J!4 site data such as J! user account data as mentioned under (1) or else, you'd need to sync it back to J!4. This can be possible fairly easily as Fabrik is generally able to deal with "external" databases, but more depends on your exact use case.

So, the short answer is: it's complicated...

While more may depend on a few more factors in your specific use case, you can tell that it won't be an easy task.

(1) Ideally you'd have a SSO (single sign on) plugin which registers and logs in users in both sites and keeps the user data synced in real time (as cron jobs would always be more or less "delayed", obviously). You can look through the JED if something like this exists covering both J!4 and J!3, I'm not so sure...

Even if that were working, then you'd still need to solve the issue of making Fabrik fully accessible and functional in J!4.
Soooo...:

(2) iFrames may work or not, it depends. Best would be testing it yourself with each form, list, detail -- after all, testing this won't be difficult or take long.
Should you get it going one way or another: of course, if anything in Fabrik affects J!4 site data such as J! user account data as mentioned under (1) or else, you'd need to sync it back to J!4. This can be possible fairly easily as Fabrik is generally able to deal with "external" databases, but more depends on your exact use case.

So, the short answer is: it's complicated...

ok thank you i will have to test it out or re-make the website in joomla 3, i dont want to do that lol

thanks for your time

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back