Auto-complete for databasejoin not working

abel408

I'm simply trying to use databasejoin with another table created by fabrik. This was working before, but I had issues with my Fabrik install and have since reinstalled it 10 different times. Everything appears to be working now except for this. When I type in the record in the auto-complete field, it works fine and shows up, but when I go to view or edit the record, the field is blank. If I choose dropw down, radio list, checkbox, ect... it works fine. It only has a problem with the auto-complete option. If I choose drop down, edit the record, save the record, change the databasejoin element to auto-complete, it will then display the correct record.

Very weird problem. Let me know if I didn't explain it correctly. Any help is much appreciated.

I would really love to get this working. Can anyone give me some hints as to what to look for? The javascript console is error free.

Thanks

I have. I always have trouble getting Fabrik to install perfectly though. The update only works if I exclude the components folder. Otherwise, it breaks my whole Joomla backend.

Hmm, that's not right and could be the source of your problem. Could you explain in more detail what happens when the back end breaks?

Ok, I updated from github including the components folder and this time everything worked without breaking my Joomla backend. It did not fix my auto complete problem. I can give you a login to my site if that helps.

Glad to hear that part is working! After any update from GitHub, it is always a good idea to clear Joomla and browser cache to force all the new JS files to load.

If it still doesn't work, hmm. I know you said you didn't have any JS errors before...is that still the case? Perhaps you could provide more info on your setup. I can't think of anything else at the moment but perhaps it will spark an idea.

Ok I cleared my browser cache. For whatever reason the cache manage in Joomla never seems to have anything in it. It might be because I have caching off...

Still no JS errors. I have debugging on as well and nothing comes up with that.

I'm not sure if this is related or not... but am I supposed to have a filter text field? I'm trying to get the search/filter features to work, but all I see is a filter button. There is no text field to type anything in.

The only ting I have installed on this Joomla site is K2 and Fabrik. The fabrik application I'm trying to build is a simple encyclopedia of terms. One of the fields I would like to include is a related fields button. Basically a way to tag other terms like it.

I just installed a completely new Joomla site with a new database. Installed pkg_fabrik_3.1b.zip from the home page using the upload package option, then updated from guthub. Created just one list with a name field and a databasejoin field. Same exact problem. I cannot be the only one having this problem...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back