Solved Apostrophe problem with display type field

AlainR

In a display field, I concatenate several fields and when one of these fields contains ' this causes an error, as if this apostrophe was considered a separator in the SQL query.
Code:
Une erreur est survenue

0 syntax error, unexpected identifier "Arve"

Call stack
#     Function     Location
1     ()     JROOT/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Php.php(69) : eval()'d code:17
2     Fabrik\Helpers\Php::createFunctionInMemory()     JROOT/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Php.php:186
3     Fabrik\Helpers\Php::getClassName()     JROOT/libraries/fabrik/fabrik/fabrik/Helpers/Php.php:46
4     Fabrik\Helpers\Php::Eval()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/element.php:1432
5     PlgFabrik_Element->getDefaultValue()     JROOT/plugins/fabrik_element/display/display.php:147
6     PlgFabrik_ElementDisplay->getDefaultOnACL()     JROOT/plugins/fabrik_element/display/display.php:162
7     PlgFabrik_ElementDisplay->getValue()     JROOT/plugins/fabrik_element/display/display.php:107
8     PlgFabrik_ElementDisplay->renderListData()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php:1289
9     FabrikFEModelList->formatData()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php:1063
10     FabrikFEModelList->finesseData()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php:958
11     FabrikFEModelList->getData()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/models/list.php:735
12     FabrikFEModelList->render()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.base.php:437
13     FabrikViewListBase->display()     JROOT/components/com_fabrik/views/list/view.html.php:46
14     FabrikViewList->display()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/controllers/list.php:156
15     FabrikAdminControllerList->view()     JROOT/libraries/src/MVC/Controller/BaseController.php:693
16     Joomla\CMS\MVC\Controller\BaseController->execute()     JROOT/administrator/components/com_fabrik/fabrik.php:104
17     require_once()     JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:71
18     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher::Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\{closure}()     JROOT/libraries/src/Dispatcher/LegacyComponentDispatcher.php:73
19     Joomla\CMS\Dispatcher\LegacyComponentDispatcher->dispatch()     JROOT/libraries/src/Component/ComponentHelper.php:361
20     Joomla\CMS\Component\ComponentHelper::renderComponent()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:143
21     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->dispatch()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/AdministratorApplication.php:186
22     Joomla\CMS\Application\AdministratorApplication->doExecute()     JROOT/libraries/src/Application/CMSApplication.php:293
23     Joomla\CMS\Application\CMSApplication->execute()     JROOT/administrator/includes/app.php:61
24     require_once()     JROOT/administrator/index.php:32
The content of the text field does not cause any error, the error occurs only when the display field displays. If I correct the data by replacing the apostrophe with ’, the display is OK. So, in my display code, I tried a str_replace but it doesn't work, the error is always the same.
Code:
$champs = str_replace(''','’',$champs);
I also tested the proposed code here https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.p...encoding-when-display-only.52173/#post-272360 and here https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.p...apostrophe-on-fabrik-forms.51239/#post-267676 but without more success.
Is it a bug? Does anyone have any idea a solution?

Solution: use calc field for the element, thank you @troester

Last edited:
I concatenate 3 fields and calculate a date interval:
Code:
$champs='';$nb_jours = round((strtotime('{calendar___start_date_raw}') - strtotime('{calendar___end_date_raw}'))/(60*60*24)-1);$nb_jours=$nb_jours*(-1);
if($nb_jours>1){$nb_jours=$nb_jours.' jours';}else{$nb_jours=$nb_jours.' jour';}
$champNom='{calendar___Nom}';$champPrenom='{calendar___Prenom}';$champNomSoc='{calendar___NomSociete}';//problème d'apostrophe/**/
if($champNom){$champs=$champNom;}
if($champNom && $champPrenom){$champs.=' '.$champPrenom;}elseif($champPrenom){$champs=$champPrenom;}
if($champs){$champs.=' - '.$champNomSoc;}else{$champs=$champNomSoc;}
$champs = str_replace("'","’",$champs);
return $champs.' ('.$nb_jours.')';

Yup, a ' in an element placeholder quoted with ' won't do.
If you are sure the element won't contain a doublequote you can do "{your-element}".

But not sure what you are trying to do.
For concatenating other elements you better use the calc element

You're right, calc field is better.
Since I had problems with the calc field when I started coding this part and it worked with the display field, I did not try the calc field again. Obviously, it was a mistake because now my code in the calc field works perfectly! Thank you!

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back