Ajax Upload issues

ramki

Hi,

Does any one had this issue?

Ajax upload is not working properly. I am using Ajax upload to upload images to my server.

Issue 1: Cover flow window is displaying but it is showing none. Empty window is displaying.

Issue 2: After adding the images, clicked 'Start Upload' button, and clicked 'Submit' button on my page. The files are not uploading to server, and more over displaying 'Please upload the product image' error message.

Please see the this video Ajax Upload issues, which explains the issue.

Thanks,
Ramki

I can't replicate this.

Can you find me on Skype, so I can see your page and also better understand you table setup?

I'm having problems getting my head round your table structure, although I suspect I know what is probably happening. Our List join code currently don't really understand joins where one end of the join is not a PK, if the join is not set to repeat (so one-to-one joins). In other words, we assume that in a one-to-one join there is an FK (foreign key) pointing to a PK (primary key) on the other table. If the field the FK points at is not a PK (and is essentially a shared FK), there is potential for our code to write the wrong key to the wrong table.

Let me know if this sounds like what your issue is. i.e. you have a non-repeated, one-to-one join, where neither of the fields involved is a PK on either of the tables. In which case there is a chance that we are writing the FK value to the wrong table. So you may have intended to join a -> b, but have ended up joining b -> a.

This is something we need to fix, but it's a bit difficult (the join code is very complex), and would need an extra option added to the join GUI, so if neither of the fields involved are a PK, you can flag which one should be treated as the "main" table.

Wow, this sounds confusing, even to me! Bottom line, there are some instances in which we don't know if we are supposed to write out table a, and update table b with the pointer to that row in table a, or vice versa.

-- hugh

I'm also not clear if your table setup has anything to do with the upload issues.

Can you create a simple test form using the same template, with just an AJAX file upload in it, and see if you get the same problem? I tested, and my Upload Torture Test (which has about every permutation of uploads on a variety of joined and non-joined groups) doesn't have any upload issues.

-- hugh

It's actually on my postbit (the info stuff to the left of every post) in the form of a Skype icon ... but it's 'cheesegrits'.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back