Ajax is stuck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hugh, that change works for me. :) Mark, not sure if you did this or not, but besides turning on the Debug JS option, you need to refresh your browser cache to catch any JS file changes.

A related issue I was seeing was if I needed to backspace to edit, sometimes the "Loading" would get stuck on so you couldn't see what you typed although the autocomplete results were still displayed. Now I don't see either issue, there is just a little delay and the autocomplete functions as expected and seems to be much more responsive.

If I turn off Fabrik Debug JS (which loads the original minified js), the old undesirable behavior returns. So I think I'll leave that option on until this change is pushed to GitHub!

Code:
    Fabrik.loader.start(this.getInputElement());
    if (this.ajax) {
        this.closeMenu();
        this.ajax.cancel();
    }
Try changing that to:
Code:
    if (this.ajax) {
        this.closeMenu();
        this.ajax.cancel();
    }
    else {
        Fabrik.loader.start(this.getInputElement());
    }
Having worked on this code myself (and implemented the spinner counter code), this does not look right to me.

The if(this.ajax) code is designed to cancel any ajax request currently in progress (so either the ajax onCancel function or this code should issue a Fabrik.loader.stop for the existing spinner not start a new one). Then if it starts a new ajax request, it should start a new spinner for it.

I will take a look at the ajax calls and spinner code in the autocomplete code and see if I can make it more reliable.

S

Hugh, that change works for me. :) Mark, not sure if you did this or not, but besides turning on the Debug JS option, you need to refresh your browser cache to catch any JS file changes.

A related issue I was seeing was if I needed to backspace to edit, sometimes the "Loading" would get stuck on so you couldn't see what you typed although the autocomplete results were still displayed. Now I don't see either issue, there is just a little delay and the autocomplete functions as expected and seems to be much more responsive.

If I turn off Fabrik Debug JS (which loads the original minified js), the old undesirable behavior returns. So I think I'll leave that option on until this change is pushed to GitHub!

Thanks guys this has worked for me too - I'll wait for the amended js files?

Thanks again :)

I have tried to make a more comprehensive fix for this - and it has just been merged if you would like to try it with an update from GitHub.

Thanks Sophist I have uploaded the merge and it is working great - I have turned all debugging off to make sure and all good - Thanks for your time :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back