After updating to Joomla 3.7.0... Fabrik breaks Admin!

reidwalley

1) Admin is broken. All of Admin is missing after updating to Joomla 3.7.0:

Failed to start the session because headers have already been sent by "/home4/lbynder/public_html/stagestate/administrator/components/com_fabrik/tables/fabtable.php" at line 119.

Admin is now just a single page, with no admin menu to navigate to any other part of Admin. Definitely broken.

2) Also, this error is at the top of every page on the front of the site:

Strict Standards: Declaration of FabTable::getFields() should be compatible with JTable::getFields($reload = false) in /home4/lbynder/public_html/stagestate/administrator/components/com_fabrik/tables/fabtable.php on line 119

3) Site is viewable here: http://stagestate.califaep.org/

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.12.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 2.12.09 PM.png
    254.4 KB · Views: 119
you can update from GitHub or wait for Fabrik 3.6

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk

That's why the J! updater tells you to make sure your extensions are ready for the update, and why we've put notices at the top of every page of this site telling people not to update to 3.7 unless they have recent github code, or to wait for Fabrik 3.6 (which I'm building at the moment).

-- hugh

Ah, shoot, I only saw the Cloudbleed message at the top of every page. Thanks for the info:)

Important notice about Cloudbleed
- if your site uses the Cloudflare CDN, and you intend to follow the Joomla security team's advice to change your site "secret", you MUST READ THIS NOTICE.

If i download from this location https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik and select branch=master am i downloading the latest Fabrik 3.6 version. Thereafter i will simply unzip it into my web directory is this also one way of updating fabrik. Sorry for the hijack.

Ah, shoot, I only saw the Cloudbleed message at the top of every page. Thanks for the info:)

Do you not see this one?

Fabrik 3.6 will be released tomorrow (April 26th). This is a required update for Joomla 3.7, which released today. If you have updated to Joomla 3.7, and are not running recent github code for Fabrik, you may experience issues until you can update to Fabrik 3.6. If you haven't updated to Joomla 3.7, we suggest you hold off doing so until Fabrik 3.6 is released.

-- hugh

Do you not see this one?

Fabrik 3.6 will be released tomorrow (April 26th). This is a required update for Joomla 3.7, which released today. If you have updated to Joomla 3.7, and are not running recent github code for Fabrik, you may experience issues until you can update to Fabrik 3.6. If you haven't updated to Joomla 3.7, we suggest you hold off doing so until Fabrik 3.6 is released.

-- hugh

I didn't see the Fabrik 3.6 notice at the top of the page; only the notice about Cloudbleed. In fact, the CloudBleed notice is the only notice at the top of this page right now :)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.01.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2017-04-26 at 8.01.36 PM.png
    891.1 KB · Views: 44
If i download from this location https://github.com/Fabrik/fabrik and select branch=master am i downloading the latest Fabrik 3.6 version. Thereafter i will simply unzip it into my web directory is this also one way of updating fabrik.
ONLY if you are running a core Fabrik3.5.2 installation (without any addional Fabrik plugins) "unzip Fabrik3.6" would do.

You should use the Joomla updater to update Fabrik and all Fabrik plugins and let Joomla know about the versions.

Or you should update from GitHub and do the "past update steps".

But you should not mix the methods.
Unzipping Fabrik3.6 (or installing Fabrik3.6) over a GitHub version will mix the code.

I had just done my upgrade for Joomla 3.7 and also Fabrik to 3.6

I download the upgrade zip package for Joomla 3.7 and also Fabrik from the Github master.

I went on to do the Joomla 3.7 by unzipping the files into the root folders thereafter follow by unzipping the Fabrik.

Went in login to my admin i noticed I was prompted to update to Fabrik 3.6. In the past it usually dont work when updating from admin side but somehow after the Joomla 3.7 update it seems to work all the components and plugins was updated successfully.

The only issue i had was i had this error in the admin backend Error loading component: , Component not found. But this can easily be resolved by going to the discover. In the new Joomla 3.7 there are added fields and i just need to select those new fields and install them. Once i had done that i clear all the cache from the admin side and try logining in from front end and I thank God for all your efforts everything was working perfectly.

I am now going through all the application to see if anything breaks before i deploy them to the actual site.

The only thing i noticed is that in the new version, inside the element javascript code ;
this no longer accepted ---> var id = this.value;
But its not an issue as i can simply replace it with
var id = Fabrik.getBlock('form_57').formElements.get('acc_main___id').getValue();

A big thank you to the Fabrik Team :)

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back