Advanced search does not work with user input

jfquestiaux

I have a list that uses advanced search.
If I filter on fields where you pick up a value, like a date or dropdown, the search works fine.

On the other end, if I search on a simple field element (on EQUALS TO, CONTAINS, ...) where I enter a researched value, the search returns always all the records.

Tested ON FF 27.0.1 / J 3.2.2 / Fabrik 3.1 with GitHub 91.

That's important for me because I need this search to work.
I noticed also that if I filter the list (using "regular" filters), I can export the filtered list to CSV, EXCEPT if I filter on a date element.
In that case, I get a JS error:

Erreur : TypeError: res is undefined
Fichier Source : http://www.realisation-joomla.be/xxx/media/com_fabrik/js/list.js
Ligne : 430

(sorry I can't publish the real URL for this project).

Can you post a separate thread for the filter / CSV issue? It's obviously totally unrelated to the main issue, and it just confuses things having two wildly different issues in one thread.

I'll see if I can replicate the advanced search issue.

Just to be sure - this is running on a vanilla github install, without any of your un-merged changes?

-- hugh

OK for the seperate thread.
Yes, it's yesterday's download from GitHub. I never venture in un-merge territory...

Oh, right, sorry, got you and Jaanus confused for a minute. I was tired!

I don't seem to be able to replicate this. Field type data works fine in advanced search. However, I'm testing on a very simple form.

Can you point me at your page in our Skype chat?

-- hugh

Still have this issue. I made a screencast for this: http://screencast.com/t/KW8icxQal2me
On "simple" fields, the advanced search does not work: for instance, the search on a name or a reference does not work.
The "Nom complet" field is a calc element, so maybe that explains it, but the "Num?ro FFR" is a plain field element, and that does not work either.
The "Cotisation" field, which is a dropdown element works fine, as the dates elements.

It seems that so long you don't have to enter the data searched yourself, it works.

Hi. I digging this one up because my client reminded me it's still an issue. The fabrik version is from May 14th but I don't think recent GitHub updates would solve this.

Looking the query with fabrikdebug, you see that no WHERE condition appears in the query when you search for instance "name IS EQUAL TO xxx", while it's there (and correct) when you search a date you select in the popup calendar.

Maybe it is because the "regular" list filters are set on "Autocomplete"?

As per my last message, I can't replicate this, so I'll need to see your page.

Re the autocomplete thing. Have you tested that? Try turning that off, making it a just a regular filter input, and test to see if it works that way?

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

No members online now.
Back