1st Form...where find help, or tutorial...

Phala

Hello guys, good evening,

new on this forum: I've tried to find what I'm looking for, but most of the link to the tutorial / wiky are not working...

Is it somewhere available a guide / tutorial / wiki on how to create first form? I'm looking for something like this:

Form.PNG

Then the data collected from the form, should go on a table to be checked by the visitors of the website.

Thanks in advance

Paolo

Your screenshot (error message) doesn't look like Fabrik.

Please list non-working links.

Hello guys, thank you for the suggestion, but i need to say, it's not clear.

I mean, if someone like me, would like to learn, and understand how FABRIK is working, he will be in difficulties. Like list before form...where should I have found it?

Wiki is very very very generalistic, video tutorials are not working...

Trying to follow the "getting started" suggestion from troester, OK, list created, If I?m trying to insert element is not saving
Fabrik_error.PNG

Ok, I'm stupid, but It's not clear_ i know you are receivng the same questions several times, and you can be bored to answer, but writing "And start with the list, not the form" is not of any help...or at least not in a "user helping user" section of a Forum

Thanks

Paolo

You have to fill the required fields, here "Group".

Fabrik is no plug'n play plugin but a complex application builder.
It's free, it's as it is, the WIKI is community and yes, it has a pretty steep learning curve.

But to begin with reading something like "First steps" or "Getting started" should be the usual starting point.

Hmm, as long time Fabrik user I can understand your frustration. It took me also long time to understand the basics (I don't understand all possibilities to the full extend yet) and in fact the Wiki is not straight forward for new users (e.g. list before form).
Probably I need review the Wiki and make changes for absolute beginners (did I really wrote this?)
In regards of your error: @troester just answered

Probably I need review the Wiki and make changes for absolute beginners (did I really wrote this?)
:) Go ahead, it will be highly appreciated.

Yes, it would be nice to have a better strucured WIKI (which has grown for about 15 years now) - but without breaking all the existing links etc...

Add? Do you mean "New"?

There are still cases where you need to create a form without list (without recording in DB), for search forms or external access.
But maybe we could add a warning, info...

Yes, I meant "New", but you're right of course about the forms which are not adding data in database. So warning would probably be the best.

Hello guys, good evening,

new on this forum: I've tried to find what I'm looking for, but most of the link to the tutorial / wiky are not working...

Is it somewhere available a guide / tutorial / wiki on how to create first form? I'm looking for something like this:

View attachment 21206

Then the data collected from the form, should go on a table to be checked by the visitors of the website.

Thanks in advance

Paolo
I found Robbie Adair's video really useful to get started with Fabrik:

Ok, guys, looks I'm starting to understand how it works :)

Now, next step: how to modify frontend: can I modify the CSS? Or i can modify it "visually"?

Thanks a lot

Paolo

Hello hello guys, i still need some help...I found how to customize my fron end table, via CSS, using the instrument of FF, but...I'm not able to find the css file to be modified in the server..

fabrik_CSS.PNG

So, could you help me to locate where fabrik.css is located? In tempalte folders fo Joomla there is not, neither in the folder "com_fabrik" in folder component...or do i need to use another css file?

Then, if you also know the code, to change background color to one row to another, alternate ,will be great. I mean: 1st background black 2nd background white, 3rd backgound black, 4th background white and so on...

https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/#designers-8203
https://www.fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/form-and-details-templates/
https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.p...ls-templates/#changing-a-fabrik-template-8203

Add custom CSS (don't modify Fabrik core files, those changes will be overridden by the next update)
The Custom CSS file
If you just need to make a few simple tweaks or additions to how an existing template looks, you can use a custom CSS file, which is included after (rather than used instead of) the standard CSS for the template.

This is recommended because this way you will automatically use the template version matching the running Fabrik version.
If you are using Joomla template override or a custom template it may be necessary to adapt them if Fabrik's template structure is changing.

An example custom CSS file ("custom_css_example.php") is provided in each of the standard List/Form/Details templates which you can use as a starting point for your own "custom_css.php" file. Read the comments in this file for details of how to use it.

Your custom_css.php will not be affected by updating Fabrik (either by ZIP or github), as we never include these files in the Git repo.

Create your custom_css.php in standard Fabrik view folder. We provide an example of this file, which you can copy from e.g.
components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/Bootstrap/custom_css_example.php
to:
components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/Bootstrap/custom_css.php

Replace 'Bootstrap' with whatever template you are using.

troester, thank you very much.

I have already read the guide you mentioned also in your last post

https://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/index/#designers-8203

but no way...didn't understood...and yes, I've found custom_css_example.php but i cannot open it, or modify it, and also i guess .php files are different than the one .css...right?

and also how i can upload a new template to be shown in Layout / template, instead of Bootstrap?

Thanks

Paolo

Creating a New template
If your changes are going to be extensive, we suggest that you create an entirely new template by copying an existing template folder and altering it to suit your needs.

Copy:
components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/Bootstrap/
to:
components/com_fabrik/views/form/tmpl/mytemplate/

but no way...didn't understood...and yes, I've found custom_css_example.php but i cannot open it, or modify it, and also i guess .php files are different than the one .css...right?
You can also create regular text file called "custom.css" in your list form or details template folder if the php version seems confusing.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back