when saving form configuration plugins disappear

I noticed this issue when making a change to one of my form configurations so I tried without any modifications, several scenarios and get the same results each time. If I open my form for editing, make a change or no changes at all, when I hit 'save' all my plugins except the final one are deleted. I have 7 plugins on this form, juser, email, redirect followed by 4 php plugin configurations. All but the last one disappear.

Running J!3.7.5 with Farbrik 3.5.1.

Any ideas or if you need more information, please let me know.
Thanks!

S.

I think you'll need to update Fabrik.

In order to allow for those repeating params, we have to override Joomla's JFormField class. For each point release of J!, we have to release a new Fabrik which adds the override for that version.

I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure you need at least Fabrik 3.6 to work with J! 3.7.

If you look in:

administrator/components/com_fabrik/classes

... you'll see a bunch of folders with J! release numbering (minus the dots). If you don't have a 37, you'll need to update. Which will be what is about to be released as Fabrik 3.8.

-- hugh

So what is the impact? We just cut our production env and it's not something we do regularly. So question is, as long as we don't adjust fabrik configuration we are safe until we get a chance to upgrade? Will this impact user input?

I absolutely can't guarantee anything will work if you update a point release of J! and don't update Fabrik. There's almost always nasty issues that get introduced in a J! release that have to be fixed in Fabrik. We do our best to be backward compatible, but not being psychic, we can't be forward compatible.

-- hugh

Understood... so considering I'm reluctant to upgrade to J!3.8 at the moment (we tried but it made a huge mess) I think I'll go with the Fabrik 3.7 release to compliment the J!3.8 install. Thanks for the info and the quick response Hugh!

You should be able to run the current github on J! 3.7. I've done a fair amount of testing of it on both 3.7 and 3.8.

-- hugh

Ok I ran the upgrade using the web console in my dev env and all went well but I had to run the github update in my prod env due file permissions, everything looks good so far except I have one issue and I'm hoping you can help. After upgrading with the github repo email sent with accented characters now come through with garbled text. For example in my dev I see this:
du dossier a ?t? effectu?e
but now in prod I see this:
du dossier a été effectuée
Is there anything specific around the email plugin that is supposed to handle Utf-8? Which is what I assume is the problem here?

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back