Validations missing and validation Add unresponsive after upgrade from 3.0-3.1RC2

achartier

Administrator
Staff member
Upgrading my site from J2.5.16 to J3.2 and upgrading Fabrik from 3.0 to 3.1RC2 is causing me quite a number of problems.

I upgraded all J2.5 extensions to 3.x compatible or removed those that did not have 3.x versions.
In order to upgrade to J3.2 I had to disable the Fabrik System plugin or I received a blank page at the end of the upgrade.
Following the upgrade I installed and set as default my bootstrap template.
I installed Fabric 3.1RC2, updated from Github and performed post github update procedures.

When I attempted to follow the post Fabrik update steps for javascript I discovered that my validations on my elements are all gone and if I attempt to click on the Add for a validation nothing happens.

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

I can't access that site, it just times out. Is it behind a firewall? I notice it uses a non standard port, so may need a firewall rule added to allow access.

-- hugh

Might have, it has been quite some time. I have 3 sites I use fabrik on and at least 2 I upgraded from 1.5. Would it make a difference?

My test site is currently down, will be back up in about 8 hours.

The older version of Fabrik3.0 "Upgrade from 2.1" tool didn't migrate plugins correctly.
So I assume they were missing already before your upgrade to J!3.2?

Well...I had accidentally reverted my test J3 site to a pre-J3 snapshot (under VMware) which is why your access did not work. I have subsequently re upgraded to J3 and fabrik 3.2RC2 and presto the validations are now present. Very odd. No idea why they disappeared before. If I run into the issue again I will revert back to you.

Thanks.

Thanks Hugh.

In case anyone else stumbles on this thread, my suspicion (not 100% confirmed) is that I may not have reset the fabrik database connection prior to doing the upgrade work. I know I did it this last time and everything is OK now, but I have a nagging suspicion I may have forgotten and this is what may have caused the problem. Worth checking if you run into a similar issue.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back