using menu list it incorrectly displays ALL the elements

p38

If one uses a menu item list (ie: use a menu to show the list directly), then even though you have selected only a few elements, when displaying the form it shows ALL the elements, instead of only those selected.

The display/edit form should only show those elements you have selected.

This is an urgent issue as it displays info that should not be shown.

Paul

I don't think the "show in list" settings (in element or menu item) should affect the element's Form view/Details view access settings in anyway.

BTW: any menu item settings (menu access level, show in list, prefilter...) aren't good for any "security" settings: every user can delete itemid=X from the URL and gets the data according to list/form/element access settings.

Not sure if we talking the same here.

image1.jpg attached is slecting 2 elements, name and surname
image2.jpg is the list displayed, you will see, ALL the elements are displayed

This is my problem. Using this menu option for lists, if yous elect certain elements, then ONLY these elements should be available to edit and display.

Paul

Attachments

• Image1.jpg
    Image1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 210
  • Image2.jpg
    Image2.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 207
That's exactly what is to expect.
"Show in list" affects the list view only, not form (=edit) or details view.

so how can I select certain elements to be edited based on items set in the list?

I have one list with many elements, and based on a menu selection, I only want to edit/display certain elements, not all.

Paul

You can copy your list, this will give you a new set list/form/groups/elements.

Elements are linked to their parents, you can unlink if you want to edit them (e.g. set different access levels); you can disable elements you don't need in the elements list without unlinking.

Then you can use the different lists (with new forms) in your menu items.

thanks troester,

I was kinda hoping I would not have to do this.

The biggest frustration I have with linked elements, is if I add a new element to the parent list, it does not automatically get added to the child lists unless I am wrong or there is another way to do this.

So major extra work to amnually add linked elements if I have 9 or 10 lists that are the same execept for the display and edit of the elements,

Paul

you could use custom edit/add urls and alter the template that is loaded with the form, That way you don't need to duplicate the list.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back