Updating to 3.1

Status
Not open for further replies.

rackem

I am trying to update a local copy of my site from 3.07 to 3.1 just for testing. However, I receive a "HTTP Error 500 (Internal Server Error): An unexpected condition was encountered while the server was attempting to fulfill the request." afterwards when attempting to browse to any Fabrik stuff in my front end. I can get into most (but not all) Fabrik admin stuff on the back end.

I realize that isn't very specific but my question is whether I am missing something. Is there a specific process to follow? I downloaded and installed the 3.1b package from Fabrikar.com and then updated with the Joomla3 branch from GitHub.

What version of Joomla are you using? If its an existing Fabrik 3.0 install, it should just be a question of replacing the files with those from the joomla3 branch.

Here is the process I am using:
  1. Created a local site from an Akeeba backup of my live site. It is J 2.5.9 and F 3.0.7 w/ latest master GitHub using XAMPP on WinXP.
  2. Edited and re-saved Fabrik connection. Turned Joomla error reporting to maximum.
  3. Verified site works as expected.
  4. Copy/paste (overwrite) latest Joomla3 branch files from Fabrik GitHub into my site folder.
  5. Browse to any Fabrik list in the front end.
Among several strict standards, there is this error: "Fatal error: Class 'JDatabaseDriver' not found in C:\xampp\htdocs\mps\components\com_fabrik\models\connection.php on line 260"

The process sounds good.
3.1's been less tested on Joomla 2.5 than Joomla 3.
I fixed that JDatabaseDriver error just before I saw your post.
For Joomla 2.5 you should ingore the strict standards warnings, they would only be applicable if you were running Joomla 3. - Joomla 2.5's code wasn't coded to that level of error reporting (it didn't even exist when J2.5 was written I think)

OK, that fixed that fatal error. :)

Now I get a different 500 error when I try to browse to a list on the front end from a menu item: "Layout default_row not found"

I updated a test copy of my J2.5 / F3.08 site to Fabrik 3.1 via the GitHub Joomla 3 branch. However when I try to browse to anything Fabrik in the front or back end, I receive the following Error 500:

JHtml: :bootstrap not supported. File not found.

Any ideas on how to proceed? I am using the default beez_20 Joomla 2.5 template.

I wasn't able to get Fabrik 3.1 to work on Joomla 2.5 so compatibility is an open question. After several bumps and restarts I did get it working after updating to Joomla 3. There are several display issues to work through yet.

Confirmed, that helped. I then received a 500 error: "Layout default_row not found". Some other folks experienced this as well: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.ph...urred-500-layout-default_row-not-found.34572/

The solution was to switch from the template from -Use Default- to something else. The bootstrap template isn't shown, presumably because my site doesn't have bootstrap installed. The problem is that the available choices in don't look as they did in J2.5 in the front end - there are a lot of layout/display issues. So, while it appears functional, I wouldn't recommend using F3.1 with J2.5 on a live site.

BTW, this isn't a problem for me, I am just testing it out and reporting it as I see it. Most folks seem to be using J3 with F3.1 anyways which is probably the route I'll take as well when I update.

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back