Updated to 3.6 before realized notice here

Jogibaer

...on top of this forum.

So what now? As I modified things before I came here I don't want to restore the site. How important is it to wait? Can things be changed also after the release of Fabrik 3.5 or is it a must to wait so that I have to restore my site? And: Is it reliable that the new release will come til the end of this week?

Greets,
Frank

Yes, I'll be doing the build today.

The main problem is that we have an override for the JForm class, which handles repeated params on the backend (like being able to add multiple plugins on a form, etc). If you edit and save anything which uses repeated params before resolving this, you'll lose the repeats.

You can do a github update if you want, which will get you the code I'm about to do the 3.5 build from.

Or you can wait till tomorrow and do it with the J! updater.

-- hugh

Thank you very much for your answer. I'm sure I could also handle that with github but as I'm not familiar with it I'm waiting til I can do it with the updater.

Because this is very important for me and I have to be 100%ly sure: Nothing else happens than that one or some files will be overwritten BUT nothing I configured or built can be destroyed by the update! Right? That's so important for me because it's a production site.

Thanks very much for an answer in advance.

BTW: I just tried to save things and it was like you wrote. I lost plugins. But that's nothing fatal. I can rebuild that in some minutes.

Frank

Github updates can be invaluable, but this is code that hasn't been through a full regression test, so it wouldn't be good practice to install it straight into a live environment. Actually, I wouldn't install anything, ever, into a live environment. It is easy to create a subdomain for development, testing and user acceptance that is kept offline with a nofollow instruction, and it only takes minutes to move it across into your live site when testing is complete.

And don't make testing some random set of activities, write a test plan that executes every use case that you can think of that your website is required to perform and follow it through every time something changes before you go live. Joomla/Fabrik sites can be complicated beasts, and can be unsettled by things you might think are completely unrelated.

always backup before doing any update on a production site
Thanks troester for your answer. You are totally right. As written in my first post I did that:
As I modified things before I came here I don't want to restore the site.
Means: I backuped, saw the hint in Joomla!'s administration to update to J! 3.6, did so and then modified things, after that wanted to change things in fabrik forms, saw that not everything in fabrik works well and then after some time came here and found the hint on top of this forum.

So for now I have to decide whether to restore the site and do work I have done before I discovered that fabrik needs to be updated or to wait, update and go on. So by the way the thought is which way is more effort. When the update is coming soon my individual situation is: It's better and less effort to wait, update and then go on with my work if I can be sure that nothing happens to the work I have done.

@NickC4555
Thanks for your answer also! For me it is as right as troester's one. Because of my time frame is VERY limited currently I just tried to find the less timeconsuming way. That's all. :)

I'm not on my PC at the moment. But I think the frontend is not affected.
So if you can wait with backend work until the new Fabrik version is out...

gesendet mit Tapatalk

In the backend fabrik tells me that the updates for fabrik are ready. However the page with the updates return error 404.
The update package has been removed!:(

In the backend fabrik tells me that the updates for fabrik are ready. However the page with the updates return error 404.
The update package has been removed!:(
Wheeewww... That's disappointing!! Same here hours later and no information at all. And also the links for manually updating I can get in the backend are dead. Now have to restore the site for having at least one working form (second one is finished but I can't get it to work because of missing update and so just one plugin can be saved), do work again I just have done before and do new work after that. Weekend has gone. Now can't wait anymore. :( :( That's not nice...

can you please give a short explanation how that's done?

just to tell the steps in short words would be enough for me.

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back