Update to 3.0.8 via Joomla! failed

woznyp

Hi,
I tried yo update following this: http://fabrikar.com/forums/index.php?wiki/update-from-github/.

At the beginning I downloaded master.zip from github and uploaded it with Filezilla to my server. Joomla has shown to me that there are some more updates. Well, I checked all of them, selected install and then got 500 Error site.

For now it`s not possible even to download 3.0.8 ver from download site on fabrikar.com.

It seems you didn't "Purge cache" in ExtensionManager/Discover
(I've added this point to the WIKI)

It seems you didn't "Purge cache" in ExtensionManager/Discover
(I've added this point to the WIKI)
How come? That during this upgrade process something simple like "Purge Cache after" is not added as an output_text statement.. ?? (If it was my updates...I would)

Just wondering, but sure in the heckwould possibly negate questions like this (as I also had the issue prior, and sometimes could forget)

GitHub update is only copying files, no installation, no Joomla update, no script running at all.
How should Joomla know about you putting files with a Joomla independend method into somewhere?

So it's up to you to let Joomla know.
This is what ExtensionManager/Discover - PurgeCache/Discover (for uninstalled plugins) and ExtensionManager/Manager-RefreshCache (for installed ones) scripts are for:
to update Joomla's database

re: So it's up to you to let Joomla know.
This is what ExtensionManager/Discover - PurgeCache/Discover (for uninstalled plugins) and ExtensionManager/Manager-RefreshCache (for installed ones) scripts are for:
to update Joomla's database

Please see my other thread.. After update can no longer access Joomla admin

Check if you downloaded correct package.

I did that mistake for Fabrik 3.1 (Joomla! 3.1) and had no access to admin site. Then I updated correct package and everything was OK.

I used the wget method Hugh has given using the acct holder name (as it is on remote server), which is the most efficient.

I'm always using the FTP-upload.
Maybe not very efficient but I never had update problems with this method (it's the both computers doing the ineffcient work;))

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back