Update column list plugin - PHP eval missing

dimoss

Hi

I noticed that the update column list plugin doesn't have a PHP Eval condition control to return TRUE or FALSE as the CanEditRow or the CanDeleteRow lists have.
I think it would be good to be added this too. :)
Thanks!

Well, it's a somewhat different plugin, works totally differently. The caneditrow and candeleterow plugins have their PHP run as the list is being built, prior to being displayed, and have access to all the list data, and it's a simple case of "can the user edit this row".

How would you expect the 'condition' on update_col to be applied? On a per row basis, or on a per-field basis, given that you can provide multiple fields/values? Would you need access to the full row data?

Give me some more details on what you are needing to do ...

Oh, and I'm not wild about adding new features to 3.0.9, do you really really need it on both 3.0 and 3.1?

-- hugh

Hi Hugh

I use this plugin as usual in order to update the data of one field.
I am interested in using this PHP validation to lock the update editing per row basis according to the which user created the row.
I did the same successfully for canEdit and canDelete plugins.

I would like to have it in 3.0.9 but I think it would be good for other users also to be included in 3.1.x too.

Thanks!

So do you want this code to run when building the list, and not show the button on rows they can't update, or does it need to run during plugin processing, when they select rows and hit the button?

-- hugh

I think it's better to run when building the list not giving them the capability to update the row(s) if they don't meet the criteria that the PHP validation puts.

Come to think of it, I don't think we can selectively show show plugin icons. That only works for the edit / delete ones.

We'd have to just show the button, then just not do the update if they use it, if they don't have permission.

-- hugh

I don't see us having time to add this right now. You'll have to use a PHP plugin and roll your own code if you need to do conditional updating.

-- hugh

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back