SOLVED: Public facing form for a repeating group

nclaypool

So I'm trying to find out if what I want to do is even possible.
On a form I have a repeating group that our staff use to enter survey results from a handwritten survey form. To make their lives easier I'd like to set up a way for the survey participants to enter their own results bypassing the handwritten form with the results ending up in the same place.

How I envision it is that our staff carry a tablet with them pointed to the page where this survey form exists, before handing it to a parent, they select from a menu the proper joined record so that the results entered after they select it are linked to the appropriate parent record.

In my mind I'd copy the repeating group, but I'd really need to be able to copy a list as groups don't allow copying. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

You can create a new Fabrik list pointing to the repeat group table (a table named your-parent-table_X_repeat, X = group id).

You can create a new Fabrik list pointing to the repeat group table (a table named your-parent-table_X_repeat, X = group id).

Assuming that by doing so, I'll need to recreate the elements from scratch in that new list and be careful to make sure they point to the exact same column IDs on the repeat table?

No, the elements are created automatically.
You can then edit and adapt the elements, e.g. the label, setting parent_id to be a dbjoin to your main table etc.

So creating a new list and putting in the correct table ID results in Fabrik erroring out stating the table already exists...

We are in need of some funding.
More details.

Thank you.

Members online

Back